Chapter 13: Tensions

3rd Person POV

Later that day, everyone was back in their dorms, packing everything they needed for a few days in France.

While Blitz was packing, someone knocked on the door.

„Herein. (Come in)" he said looking over his shoulder at the door.

Iq stepped in. „Stör' ich? (Am I disturbing smth/Can I come in?)" she asked.

„(G) No, no. I was nearly done anyway."

IQ nodded and closed the door behind her.

„(G)I wanted to talk about earlier..." she said slightly timidly.

„(G)Your accuracy isn't bad either, thanks." he said with his usual smile as he noticed IQ's voice, trying to brighten up the mood.

„(G)No but really. I want to talk to you, seriously(in a serious manner)" she said and sat down in a chair at the coffee table.

„Ok..." he sat down around the corner from her. „(G)About...?"

„(G) ...us? I mean we have been really close for a long time now, at least I think so. And after the training a few days ago when you and Geist where teasing each other about... well, crushes... I think it's slowly getting time to talk about that."

„(G) Ok then... Now that what I feel seems pretty obvious, what about you?"

She hesitated, looking around the room at nothing in particular before she finally leaned closer to Blitz giving him a small peck on the cheek.

He sat there for a short bit, frozen as if he had just looked Medusa in the eyes.

IQ began to giggle as a blush slowly appeared on her cheeks. „(G) Are you ok?" she asked jokingly.

„(G) More than that." he said with a smile returning to his face.

„(G) But I think we should wait with anything more until this mission is over, ok?"

„(G) Yeah, sure."

~Timeskip~

France / Chambéry / The next day

Stepping out of the chopper Doc, who came along last minute as backup and translator, was greeted first by the officer. Speaking in french none of the others quite understood what they were talking about exactly, the french classes, from 6th to 10th grade, Geist had, not helping at all.

After a bit the officer turned to the others, greeting them as well.

„Welcome in Chambéry. The target building is a few kilometres up the mountains. We'll start the attack tomorrow evening. For the time being, we have some rooms for you to prepare and take a rest. Talk to me should you need anything." said Mathéo, the leading officer for the mission.

As they were heading to their rooms IQ and Angel fell behind.

Angel: "So anything happens with you and Dominic?"

IQ looked annoyed at her at first. „Maybe..."

Angel grinned and playfully punched IQ's shoulder.

Angel: "So, what happened? A kiss maybe?" She teased.

IQ: „Mayybbeee..." she said with a slight smirk.

Angel giggled excitedly.

Angel: "Felt good didn't it?"

IQ: „It was great. You should have seen his face." she giggled thinking back.

Angel: "Oh how love blossoms. You will discover many things love has to offer...many things." She smirked.