Chapter 15: Despair

Back at the Police station Geist went into the interrogation room, closely followed by Thatcher. Geist sat down at the table and Thatcher stood in the corner watching over him. On the other side of the table already sat someone. The White masks leader to be exact.

Geist put down a folder on the table. Without opening it he recited the information from the first few pages.

Geist: „You are Alex Krueger. Born in America. German heritage. Lost both parents before the age of 6, were in multiple adopted families, somehow finished school with reprimand over reprimand. Went off the grid afterwards only to end up here.
Psychological assessment: maniacal Psychopath."

Krueger: „Wow. You memorized all of that, just for me?" he joked, leaning back in his seat, even though his hands were still cuffed to the table.

Geist: „You can cut that shit. Your only still here because-"

Krueger: „Because of your big friend over there? I'm sure you would have loved cutting my throat instead." he said with a smile, pointing at Thatcher.

Geist: „BECAUSE YOU..." I said loudly, smashing on the table. „...have info I WANT."

Krueger: „Oh, you mean your little Italian friend?" he said playing it as if he didn't know already. „Don't worry about her. You won't get to see her again anyway." he said with a laugh.

Geist sprung up and walked around the table. Thatcher stayed put.

Geist: „Tell me where she is, already, you fucking Joker knock-off." he demanded while gripping him by the collar.

Krueger: „Why so serious?" he asked tauntingly, followed by more laughter.

His taunts proved effective as Geist pulled him up out of his seat. Krueger kept his grin. „Where did you bring her!?" he yelled.

Krueger: „You're great entertainment, did anyone ever tell you that?"

Geist pulled out his knife and held it to his throat and Thatcher sprung up. „Kid..." he said cautiously, but also threateningly.

Geist: „Is this still entertaining to you!?"

Krueger: „Actually, yes..." he said and put a finger up so Geist would let him speak. „Because you know just as well as me that you can't kill me. You still need me." he said as calm as ever and with a grin.

Geist let him drop back in his seat, turned away and walked out of the room, smashing the door shut behind him.

He made his way back to officer Mathéo's office, trying to at least make himself seem calmer until he got there, which worked quite well.

After he knocked on the door and Mathéo told him to go inside Geist asked him: „Can I borrow a car? Or a motorcycle for that matter. I'd like to take a look around the house myself."

Mathéo: „I don't think you need to. Our forensic team are very good in their fields, I can assure you that. But I'd not like to disturb them during their work."

Geist: „I can understand that and I don't have any reason to doubt you, but I'd nevertheless like to make a picture of the situation myself." he said pressingly, and with a slight undertone of sadness mixed with anger he couldn't compress.

Mathéo hesitated for a bit at first.

Geist: „Please..."

Mathéo: „Fine... I'll tell someone to meet you down in the garage and tell the team at the site your coming..."

Geist: „Thanks." he quickly said and left the room.

~Timeskip~

Stepping off the motorcycle he had borrowed he was greeted by another officer