• Pяoʟoɢuє •

It was the rainy season and when I entered my house past eleven'O clock, the usual dripping rain had turned in to something dangerous. I turned around and glanced behind to notice that the rain has indeed turned wild. Maybe alarming of an upcoming storm? The drive through the streets was harsh as it could ever get due to the thick mist covering the area, potholes at every nook and corner of the road as usual and traffic obviously. It had been raining since the past few days but today, as a matter of consideration there was something terrifying about the downpour.

I kept on cursing my fate every five minutes while I was driving through the traffic. It was important for me to reach home on time since my wife had given a call in the morning and informed me that she would be coming home tonight. As soon as I rushed my way inside our house, Snowflake barking loudly ran up to me from the kitchen and started licking my face excitedly. I kept petting her happily and at the same time paid attention to other sounds coming from my house. The rain was mercilessly crashing towards the ground but I didn't let it distract my senses. I called out for my wife few times to see what she's up to after her long stay at my in-laws.

She had taken my permission and gone for a five day stay with her mother, father and twin brother in Delhi after a long time and here I was, waiting for my wife to come back home and give me a warm hug and make love to me. It felt as if months had passed by without seeing a glimpse of my beautiful wife. She meant everything to me.

I took Snowflake to her little bed of pillows, cuddled between my hands. I fed her few biscuits my wife usually buys for our dog and warned her to grab some sleep. Later I walked around the entire house which includes upstairs, downstairs, out on the garden and back again coming towards the living room I let out a sigh of devastation. I was indeed hoping for her to surprise me after I search for her around the house like a maniac but my wife was nowhere.

That's when I received a call, with a devastating news and as I predicted, a huge surprise that I wasn't able to handle.

~~~

As soon as I finished reading my book, I yawned sleepily and checked the clock on the wall in front of me to realize that it's almost past eleven at night. Where is my husband? Even if he gets late to come home, he never misses to drop me a text. He has promised to me when he left home early in the morning that he would be arriving before dinner time. We usually have dinner at eight'O clock since the time we got married and moved to Mumbai. He has never broken the promises he has made to me till date and it felt quite strange to not find him next to me.

I tried calling him but his number was out of network area. My stomach felt a weird sensation. As I marched towards the kitchen to have a glass of water clutching my book closer to my heart, the sound of thunder echoed in the distance and lightening flashed. The book slipped through my hands at once as I screamed with terror, holding my ears at the unexpected storm.

That's when I received a call, which changed my life along with the storm.

💎 Sewwi 💎

When I started getting thoughts for this book I knew this was a risk worth taking but yet again, it can have different outcomes. Maybe negative thoughts? But worth taking the risk, I will say again..

Writing the same story with a twist made me realize that this is indeed 'It Was Only You 2.0'.

So here is the prologue of my new novel, 'Love In A Whirlwind', an Aditya - Zoya fan fiction, with the same story in a tangled twist.
Hope the readers who has been following the 1.0 version will shower the same interest for the 2.0 version as well 🌼