∆ I N C H O A T E ∆

Aditya knew that he had made a blunder by putting his heart forward and explaining the turmoil within him to Arjun. Being a lawyer Arjun was possibly working with his sixth sense to decode his words. That's when Aditya decided to turn their conversation in to a different route thinking ahead. He cleared his throat and managed to bring up a thin smile to his lips.

"No.. nothing chote. Did you buy everything that we need from the supermarket? Ma and Pa should come here tonight and we will be staying at the hospital alright? If it's not possible for you since I heard your call with Shawn, don't worry I'll manage alone.."

Aditya started eating slowly as he expected Arjun to forget about what he said a minute ago. His brother's face changed as he brushed his chin.

"Um.. I think I have to be there at the office tomorrow because Mr. Shrivastav will be coming to sign his documents and talk about the merger contract bhai but I can reschedule the meeting past lunch time if you want me to be there! Shall I.."

Without letting Arjun complete Aditya waved his hand.

"No chote, I'm just going through a hard time but I can manage. Poo.. ah.. Pooja is shifted from the ICU now so I think I'll be fine. At least her condition has turned better isn't it? Don't worry, just go to the firm and lock the deal.."

Aditya said calmly and taking a piece of his omelet, he suddenly dipped it in Chilly sauce and pushed the whole piece inside Arjun's mouth rendering him speechless and surprised with his brother's changed behaviour. After munching the omelet Arjun took few sips from his glass of water and started to blow his tongue.

"Jesus bhai, what were you thinking when you made me eat that? It's so spicy!"

Aditya's lips turned upwards as he looked at his brother dealing with the hotness in his mouth.

Hopefully I'll be able to think properly at the hospital when I get some time alone. If Arjun were with me it would be difficult to keep it in my mind because he shouldn't know what I got to know about the accident..

Aditya processed in his mind as he pondered over what happened at the Police station while he started eating along with his younger brother.

~~~~~~

As Zoya was having tea at the hospital cafeteria with her parents she could see two familiar figures coming in. They looked equally devastated as Zoya rose from her chair, closing her mouth with her hand. It was Madhu and Mahi, her mother-in law and Yash's sister. Without wasting another minute Zoya ran towards them and hugged Madhu who returned the gesture.

"Zo.. Zoya beta, what happened to Yash? He never did anything bad to anyone, then why?"

Madhu's trembling voice broke Zoya in to pieces as she nodded.

"Mummyji, don't say things like that. I know that Yash is such a nice person, my Yash hasn't done anything wrong but I.. I.."

She couldn't hold her tears any longer as she cried aloud. Mahi placed her hand on Zoya's shoulder.

"Bha.. bhabhi? Tell us everything. What did the doctor's say? How is bhai now? We went towards the ICU but a nurse asked about us and she said that you are here. Tell us bhabhi, how is bhai's condition now?"

Mahi's pleading melted Zoya's heart as she let go of Madhu and hugged Mahi. Soon they were sitting with Zoya's parents and as Zoya turned emotional yet again, Waseem decided to break the news about Yash's accident last night to his family. After hearing everything Mahi broke down.