∆ I N C E R T I T U D E ∆

Arjun rested his head in his hands as he sighed

Arjun rested his head in his hands as he sighed. What an eventful past twenty four hours it has been. He lifted his eyes slowly and placed his hands on the steering wheel. He looked outside in time to notice a drunkard, creating ruckus by screaming and abusing two police constables who were taking him inside the Police station with much effort. Arjun's attention was broken however when he received a call. As he checked the caller id his lips turned in to an upward curve. Arjun pressed the phone to his ear.

"Mom, we are still here and it's been more than half an hour since bhai walked in. We are coming to the hospital after this..."

"What? Arjun, I asked you to be with Adi every time! How come you left your brother alone? If he says something unconsciously inside the Police station or starts up a fight, will you take responsibility? I sent you with Adi thinking that you can understand your brother's state..."

"Mom! I was about to walk inside with bhai but he asked me not to come. He's already disturbed about bhabhi and bhai needs some time alone too mom. He'll feel uncomfortable if someone follows him 24/7. Please mom, what I did is for the best. Bhai said that he would call me if something comes up..."

Arjun explained in a calm tone to make Anjana realize that he's thinking about his brother's betterment only.

"Alright beta", Anjana's voice rather normal, "I trust you. When Adi shows up, give me a call. I'm worried about his health. I don't want him to get sick between all this & I'm glad that you are there for him... "

Arjun sympathized with his mother's plight of seeing her elder son behaving as if he had no care in the world.

"I'll call you mom but what about you and dad? You two are at the hospital without thinking about your own health and to top it all, dad needs rest than any one us! I don't want you'll getting sick OK? I love you guys!"

"We love you too Arjun but right now, your brother and bhabhi matters. You understand right? So please give me a call. Bye beta, take care of yourself.."

"Bye mom!"

Arjun placed his phone away. He leaned his body back, touching the seat and took a deep breath as the incidents from morning clogged his brain. His brother is in a devastated state seeing his wife in a coma. His parents are staying at the hospital without taking proper rest. If there's one sensible person in the Hooda family at the moment, it was only him. Arjun closed his eyes tightly.

~~~~~~

As he heard the passenger's seat door open with a screech, Arjun jolted from his seat to notice that his brother has returned from the Police station. He had a poly bag in his right hand, carrying some goods which he recognized as jewellery and some items, that he threw towards the back seat. Arjun tried to sound as calm as possible, adjusting in his seat.

"Bhai, what did they want to talk to you about? Something we don't know? By the way, we are going to the hospital now. Mom is waiting for you.."

As Arjun waited for Aditya to speak up, he realized that his brother wasn't paying attention to a word that he was saying. Aditya kept staring out of the windshield with an unreadable face. Arjun understood that his brother is tensed regarding something, maybe what he had listened to inside and he placed a comforting hand on Aditya's shoulder softly.