1

heyyyy so I feel like it's important to mention that I wrote y/n with she/her pronouns for books 2-4. I haven't gotten around to changing it like I did to book 1. I originally wrote y/n with she/her pronouns throughout, and then changed book 1 to they/them bc it dawned on me that y/n is in fact you and not just this character in my head and I want to make sure I'm including everybody, but with that being said, I currently don't have the time to change the rest of the books 😅

Soooo for now, if you don't use she/her pronouns, I hope you can just ignore that lol

...

The rain is pouring hard. Like really hard. And I don't have an umbrella. Great.

I'm walking to school the same way I always do, my hood pulled up over my hair and my hands in my pockets, trying to keep warm. 

Y/n.......

"Huh?" I say out loud. "Who's there?"

I turn around to the alleyway I heard my name from, but nobody's there. I walk towards the alley, and notice there's a strange wind swirling softly between the buildings.

As I come closer, I notice a glimmer of something in the centre of the swirling wind, which is getting stronger by the second.

I gasp as the wind suddenly starts pulling me towards the centre, but, for some reason, I don't fight it.

I scream as I'm sucked into the vortex, and the whole world around me starts spinning.

——————-

"Oof," I mutter as I land hard on my stomach. "Why does this keep happening to me?"

As I pick myself off the ground, I notice that I'm a lot taller than I was just moments ago. My eyes widen as I realize where I am. 

It's been three years since my adventure in Ninjago, but the memories are still fresh in my mind. I do a quick check of my surroundings, but I'm not sure if I've been here before. It kind of looks like a museum.

I look down at my body, and I'm still wearing my wet hoodie, but the sleeves feel shorter and my pants are now three-quarters of the same length.

Suddenly, I hear a cry of pain, which send chills down my spine. 

Wait a minute. Why does that scream seem familiar?

"Lloyd?" 

I rush towards the sound.

"Lloyd!" I exclaim as my more-than-a-friend crumples to the floor, surrounded by... what is that? Sand? Oh, shoot. I know exactly what's going on. 

I run towards him and slide down onto all fours.

"Y/n?" he asks, his voice low, hoarse, and utterly confused. His fearful expression is going to haunt me for the rest of my life.

"Fight him off," I tell him. "You can do this. Don't let him get to you!"

Lloyd pants, likely trying to fight off Morro's voice that's in his head. He shuts his eyes tightly, and sweat trickles down his forehead. His adorable blond hair starts to turn black, indicating that Morro is winning the fight.

"Look at me," I say gently, but loudly enough to be head over the wind. I lift his chin up to meet his eyes. "I'm right beside you."

Lloyd's hair doesn't change back. Instead, his green eyes start to become black. 

To avoid Morro taking full control, I do something that only seems to work in movies.

I kiss him.

I don't know what came over me. I still love him, and although I don't know if he still loves me, I'm hoping that I can make him remember everything we went through together and regain control. Or at least shock Morro into letting go.