16

Y/n's POV

"Here we go again," I say, rolling my eyes.

"Lloyd! We've got to get you out of here!" Sensei Wu orders.

"Why should we run? I can just—" Lloyd summons up a burst of energy.

"No!" Sensei and I both say in unison, swatting his hands down.

"Why not?"

"The overlord is after your golden power. The more you use it, the stronger he gets," Misako explains.

"Yeah, so we need to get out of here before—crap!"

Before I can finish my sentence, a claw comes out of nowhere and snatches Lloyd and me up, pulling us away from the group.

"Now you are mine!" The overlord laughs.

"That escalated quickly," I mutter while struggling against the claw thingy keeping me captive.

"Lloyd! Y/n!" Everybody calls.

"We're okay!" Lloyd says, trying to assure them. "Whoa!"

The claw thingy's base starts pulling us upwards, and the speed increases as we get closer to this flying aircraft.

"Uh oh," I say, looking up. "This isn't good."

"What do we do?" Lloyd asks, looking at me.

"Uh..."

I glance around us, looking for something that will get us out of here, but nada.

All I can hear is the overlord's evil laughter as we're pulled up into the aircraft, and brought into a glass container. There's this strange person in this white hooded cloak who slithers towards a panel next to the container, and flicks a switch.

A noise that sounds like a vacuum starts whirring, and there's a strange sensation prickling at my skin. Lloyd groans, as if he's been wounded.

"Lloyd?" I say with concern. He falls onto his knees and presses his palms against the glass, trying to get through the pain.

"Pythor! Let him go!" I shout to the person in white.

Pythor throws off his hood is shock. "How did you know it was me?!"

"Uh... lucky guess?"

Lloyd shudders, and I drop to my knees to be beside him. "Just hang on," I whisper. "It'll be alright."

Lloyd's golden power is swirling all around us. He's getting weaker by the second, which means the strength of the overlord is returning.

"Give up, golden ninja," the overlord taunts. "You are nothing without your friends."

"What am I, invisible?!" I protest. "I'm standing right here!"

The overlord completely ignores me. "You are all alone."

"How rude," I mumble, rolling my eyes. Once I'm over my irritation, I turn to face Lloyd.

"Lloyd, look at me," I say, holding onto his shoulders. He tries to lift his head but it's too heavy, so I gently support the sides of his face with my hands. "You are not alone. I'm right here, and I'm not letting you do this alone."

"We're at 80%, my lord!" Pythor says.

"What?! How did that happen so fast?" I ask, although I don't expect an answer.

"I... I can hear Zane," Lloyd mumbles.

Reflect the light! A voice echoes in my head. It sounds like Zane.