22

Y/n's POV

I whimper as I take a step forward; everything in my body hurts.

"You okay?" Lloyd asks, grabbing my arm. "If you fall, I'll catch you."

I swat his hand away. "You're touching a bruise."

"Sorry," he laughs. "You ready?"

"As I'll ever be."

We run towards the overlord hand in hand, while our teammates fire blasts of their elements towards him and the nindroids to create a distraction.

"What's the plan?" I ask.

"Uh... I don't know. You're the smart one."

"Ha, ha, very funny," I say, but then an idea comes to me. "Okay, here's what I'm thinking..."

—————-

"Ready, Pixal?" Lloyd asks into the communicator in his gi.

"Initiating launch procedures," she replies.

"We'll wait for your signal."

When Pixal in the Samurai X suit flies across the sky, Lloyd and I each conjure a dragon. Once we're hovering off the ground, we merge the two to form one massive beast. I hold onto Lloyd as he takes the reins.

With Pixal swirling around in front of the overlord, he's distracted enough for us to advance from behind without being detected. I hang on tighter to Lloyd as our speed increases, desperately hoping I'm not going to fall off.

"Get ready!" Lloyd calls over his shoulder. "And... now!"

We crash into the overlord, but this is according to plan. Lloyd and I grab hands, and I imagine all of my elemental power being shared with him. After feeling a sudden pulse of energy, I know Lloyd is doing the same.

"On three," I say, then look at him. "One..."

"Two..." he continues.

"Three," we finish together.

On the last count, we expel everything we've got towards the overlord. He yells out in agony and continues screaming as golden swirls of energy spiral around him. My concentration intensifies, which causes our powers to become stronger.

The overlord's dark exterior is now erupting with golden light; it's like his skin is cracking open from all sides. With one final cry, the overlord explodes in a blast of both light and darkness. Once the smoky dust settles, there's nothing left of the tyrant.

"We did it," I sigh, tears in my eyes. The hysteria was kicking in. 

"It's over," Lloyd says, pulling me in for a hug. "He's gone."

"Good riddance."

We're joined by the rest of the team, and we all embrace in a group hug.

"Argh, why am I always in the middle of these?" I complain jokingly, but my comment is muffled by everyone pressing in on me.

Everybody laughs, and they back away so I can breathe. Well, everyone except Lloyd.

While the others start talking among each other and stuff like that, I stay buried in Lloyd's chest as he holds me sweetly in between his arms. We stay like this for a few more minutes, until Lloyd's posture changes, as if there's something on his mind.

"Hey, y/n? Are you gonna leave again?"

"Huh? What do you mean?"

"I was just thinking... the last time we defeated the overlord together, you went back to Earth."

I pull my head back to look him in the eyes. "Nothing from any world could make me leave. I love you, remember?"

He smiles bashfully, and pulls me close again. "I love you, too."

"Also, my house did kind of blow up in front of me so there's that." 

He chokes on his spit.

"You can laugh," I say. "It's funny."

"No, y/n, it's not."

"I cope with humour."

He stares at me with his mouth agape. "We're getting you into therapy."

"Therapy, shmarapy. First you'll have to marry me," I say in a sing-songy voice.

Lloyd shrugs. "Okay."

"Wha--what are you doing--"

Lloyd takes a step back, and gets down on one knee. I know he's only joking, but my jaw drops. I'm about to tell him to stand the heck back up, but then I see Nya silently screaming and pointing at Lloyd's proposal position like a fangirl.

"What is happening..." I whisper.

Lloyd looks behind him, and face palms. "Nya!"

I can't hold back the laughter anymore. 

Nya is currently dancing around the street chanting "(insert ship name here) forever" over and over again, and after a while Sensei ends up joining her.

"So, uh," Lloyd says, still watching the shippers parade through the streets. "I know we're only like, nineteen or something, but... would you want to?" 

"Want to what?"

"Marry me."

I give him a light slap with the back of my hand. "You're such a dork."

"Was that a no?"

With a shake of my head, I go on my toes and give him a kiss on the cheek. "Maybe someday. Just not right now, obviously."

"Thank goodness!" Sensei says as he comes closer. He's all out of breath. "I thought you were going to say no!" 

Lloyd smiles and sweeps me off my feet. "So, what do you say? Ready to save Ninjago again from whatever villain comes our way?"

"Put me down. Now."

End of Book Two 

A/N

I'd just like to say that I'm so thankful for everyone who's read this story, voted on it, or left a nice comment. I appreciate every single one of those little gestures.

Book three is already out; it's called Determining Destiny. It combines most of the remaining seasons into one big ball of chaos. I hope to see you there :) 

That's all for now!