18

——-Pixal's POV——-

"What have you discovered since I left?" Jay asks.

"Nothing much," Cole admits.

"What's 'project Arcturus?'" Lloyd asks, looking at symbol posted on a bulletin board.

"That is something we have yet to discover," Misako replies.

I glance over at y/n, and notice she looks distressed as she looks down at her hands. I can sense something is troubling her, but I don't know what it is.

"Y/n? Are you alright?" I ask.

"Yeah, fine," she says with a wave of her hand. "Do you know where Sensei is?"

"He's over there, meditating," Kai says. "But I wouldn't bother him if I were you."

"He's trying to think of what project Arcturus could be," Zane explains.

"Uh, guys? I think we have bigger problems to worry about," Jay shouts while looking out the window. Everyone rushes to join him, and we all see a humanlike figure made of dark mass hobbling around a group of soldiers, giving them orders.

"What the hell?" Kai says. "Who is that ugly dude?"

"It's the overlord," I answer. "Dammit. I should have known this was going to happen."

"How is that possible?" Zane asks. "The plane transporting him was destroyed."

"How would I know?" I say, throwing my hand up. "Since when does anything make sense in Ninjago?"

———-y/n's POV———-

After the shock of the overlord being in a human-ish form dies down, I walk over to Sensei, who is poring himself a cup of tea.

"Sensei?" I ask as I approach. I marvel that he's just sitting here enjoying his tea while the nindroids are trying to burst in.

"Yes?"

"Can I ask you something?"

"Of course."

"When I was in the plane with Lloyd, and Pythor was trying to extract his power—"

"Pythor?"

"I'll explain later—don't interrupt. Well, the reason why it took such a short amount of time for the power to be extracted was because there were two sources instead of one."

Sensei stops mid-sip. "What do you mean?"

"I don't know how this is possible, but there was golden power coming from me too."

Sensei chokes on his tea. "Were you seeing things?"

"No! Sensei! I wasn't hallucinating!"

"You aren't a descendant of the first Spinjitzu master. There's no way you could have some of his power, unless..."

"Unless?"

Sensei doesn't finish his sentence, but he stares off into space while stroking his beard.

"Yoo hoo, anybody home?" I ask, knocking on sensei's hat. He doesn't respond.

I sigh with defeat and walk away. I'll just ask him again later.

"There he goes again," Cole says, gesturing to Sensei. "He's gone all spacey."

Wait a minute.

Spacey?

I gasp. "Project Arcturus! They're going up into space!"

"What? How do you know?" Borg asks.

"Remember when we went back in time and destroyed the mega weapon?" I ask everyone, and all the ninja—except for Lloyd and Nya—nod.

"Uh... what?" Lloyd asks.

"You wouldn't remember, since you didn't go with us," Zane says. "But y/n, what does that have to do with anything?"

"Don't you guys remember how we destroyed it?"

"Yeah, we turned it into a blast of fireworks!" Jay exclaims.

I give him a deadpanned look and smack him in the back of the head. That was not the answer I was looking for.

"We used the golden weapons of the past to send the megaweapon into... space," Cole says.

"Yes, exactly! And who's to say it isn't still up there?"

"And now the overlord wants to find it!" Kai concludes. "But why?"

"Perhaps—since he's vulnerable right now—he's trying to make himself invincible once again," Pixal suggests. "Theoretically, if one were to wear armour formed by the same metal used by the golden weapons, they wouldn't be able to be defeated."

"Pixal's right," Zane says. "We can't let the golden weapons fall into his possession!"

"Well, then we better get on that rocket!" I say.

"What rocket?" Lloyd asks.

"That one," I say pointing towards the one being towed on its side along the road.

"Oh. Got it."

————————Zane's POV————-

Everyone (minus Sensei, Borg, Pixal and Misako) sneak out of the building and run towards the rocket.

"Come on, get in here," Nya suggests, lifting a heavy door that's underneath the aircraft.

We all hop into the compartment, which is pretty roomy.

"How do you know the nindroids won't come into this section?" Kai asks her.

"This is the part that will disconnect from the main part once we're in space; nobody else will be in here when the rocket takes off."

"Um, then won't we be stranded in space?" Lloyd asks.

"Not if we transfer ourselves after takeoff."

"Whoa!" Cole exclaims as the rocket begins tilting to an upright position. "Grab onto something!"

A few minutes pass before the spacecraft is set into the right position, and then we all drop down from the sides we're holding onto so that we can stand on our feet.

"Ready for takeoff," a voice says on the loud speaker. "10...9...8"

"Brace yourselves," I say, anchoring myself on this random metal bar sticking out of the wall.

"Hold on a second—we need space suits to go in space!" Kai says.

"It's a bit late for that!" I answer.

"6...5..."

"Hey, would you look at that!" Y/n exclaims, opening and then closing the exit hatch, pulling a bunch of spacesuits into the shuttle. "They had some right outside here!"

"3... 2...1... liftoff!"