13

Y/n's POV

I'm holding my sword out behind my shoulders, ready to strike down Morro. Just as I'm close enough to hit him, he turns around.

"Did you really think that would work?" He taunts. He puts up a shield of wind in front of him, blocking me from getting to him.

"Sh*t!" I cry, as I ram right into the shield. I start to fall down towards the ground, but Zane sees me and creates a pillar of ice underneath me, stopping me from going down any further.

Morro drops the shield, now that I don't seem like a threat. I mean, how could I look threatening when I'm stranded on a ridiculously tall pole of ice?

"Are you seriously stupid enough to think a silly little sword is going to defeat me?"

I smirk, realizing that Morro doesn't know what I know.

"Are you seriously stupid enough to think that this 'silly little sword' is just a regular katana?"

Confusion flashes behind Morro's eyes, and in that moment, I take my chance to throw the sword straight at him. Morro is so dumbfounded that he doesn't move out of the way, and the katana slices right through him. His image starts to fade, signalling that I succeeded.

"Sorry Morro," I mutter before he goes away completely. "You already had your time to live."

Just before he's completely gone, I snatch the realm crystal from his hand. He had been hiding it until now, but now that I have it within my hands, I can finally free Earth's surface from the Preeminent.

"How do you work this thing?" I wonder out loud, turning it over. I try picturing where I want the Preeminent to go—back to where it came from—and a portal opens beside me.

"No, don't send me there!" I cry, and the portal closes. I shake the crystal, and focus all my energy on sending the Preeminent and all of its ghosts away.

Surprisingly, the shaking works. A huge swirling portal opens in front of the Preeminent, and swallows that monstrosity whole. The ghosts are all connected to their master, so they're sucked in along with it.

"Finally!" I exclaim, letting out a sigh. "Took us long enough."

—————Nya's POV—————

"Yes!! She did it!" I shout, pumping my fist into the air.

"Good thinking, Zane," Cole congratulates.

We all watch as y/n gracefully jumps off of the pillar, doing a couple of flips as she falls to the ground. She lands lightly on her feet, the realm crystal still in her hand, and is smiling as she approaches us.

The first thing y/n does when she gets to us is punch Cole in the shoulder. Hard.

"Ow! What was that for?!" He complains.

"You know what you did," she answers, crossing her arms.

"That was epic!" Jay says. "You were flying, then you threw that sword—"

"Yeah, it was pretty great," Kai agrees, which is surprising, since he almost never likes it when a girl is better than him at something.

—————Lloyd's POV———-

"I'm so glad it's all over," Cole says.

"You can say that again, brother," Zane adds, laughing as Cole slaps him on the back. We're all in pretty good spirits, considering that we should all be exhausted.

"Y/n?" I hear Kai ask, so I turn to see what's the matter. "What's wrong?"

"N-nothing," she stammers, looking away, but her expression shows otherwise.

"Come on, dude!" Nya exclaims. "Look around! This used to be her home, but now it's pretty much destroyed!"

"Really Nya? You couldn't have put it lightly?"

I approach y/n cautiously, and put a hand on her shoulder.

"I'm sorry about your parents," Kai says to her.

"Parents?" I ask. "What happened?" I don't remember meeting them.

"They... passed," Kai says quietly.

"Oh, y/n," I whisper comfortingly, and burry her in a hug. She's got her hands covering her face, and I can hear her crying softly.

"I'm here for you," I mutter. "No matter what."

"Where am I going to go? My home was destroyed."

"Your house here was," I say. "But you still have a home in Ninjago."

She looks up at me. "I can stay with you guys?"

"Of course! I wish you never had to leave in the first place!"

"So it's settled then," Zane says, approaching us. "Y/n will come back to Ninjago with us."

"Yeah, but first maybe we should clean up the mess the Preeminent made," Nya suggests.

"I think I know how," Y/n says, looking at the realm crystal. "Were going to pay a little visit to Cloud Kingdom."

————a/n—————

Hey guys! Thanks for reading! I had this chapter ready for a while, but then my synchro coaches challenged us to go without social media for the weekend, so I couldn't post it. But now here it is!

Also, I'd like to just say how appreciative I am for 1K views! It means a lot to me!

Peace ✌🏻