7

Y/n's POV

"Help me!" Lloyd cries, in his own voice, not Morro's.

"Come on, fight him off!" Kai encourages. I would have said the same, but I'm so choked up with emotion.

Lloyd's hair starts to change back, but then Morro takes over again.

"You... will never... be strong enough!" Morro says, but it seems like he's struggling to regain control over Lloyd.

"Y/n, kiss him!" Kai shouts.

"Excuse me?" I reply.

"Everybody knows true love's kiss breaks curses!"

"We're in Ninjago, not Disneyland!"

"Just try it!"

I huff, and let Kai take Morro's hands so I can kneel in front of him.

"I know you're still in there Lloyd," I whisper, then I give him a quick kiss.

"Did it work?" Kai says, not being able to see what's happening.

"Uh... I don't think so."

Strangely, Morro's expression changes from angry to... happy?

"Why are you smiling?" I ask.

Instead of answering, Morro's ghost form rises out of Lloyd, and hovers in the air. Lloyd slumps onto the ground, his eyes closed.

Kai helps me flip Lloyd onto his back so that he's not breathing in dirt, and I check his pulse. There's still a heartbeat, thank god.

As Kai and I try to shake Lloyd awake, Morro begins to laugh evilly. "He doesn't seem like the green ninja now, does he?"

"F*ck off, Morro," Kai replies.

"Don't you see? Lloyd isn't strong enough to fight me, not even with his mind. He doesn't deserve to be the green ninja."

"Yes, he does," I say firmly. I stand up and turn around to look Morro in the eyes. "He cares about other people. He protects the ones he loves. He's saved Ninjago on multiple occasions. That's what the green ninja is supposed to do."

"And you haven't done any of those things," Kai finishes for me.

"No..." Morro says thoughtfully. "Not yet."

"What is that supposed to mean?"

"You're about to find out."

--------------Morro's POV----------

I pull out the object I found in the museum. It's a peculiar little thing; it's kind of square shaped and it's black. When I open the lid, there's a square panel that when I press down on it, it reveals a circular spinning thing.

"Where did you get that?" y/n asks, as if she's seen the object before.

"It was in the foyer of the museum," I reply. "And I could care less about the actual thing, so you can have it back."

y/n quickly picks it up off the ground as I throw it towards her.

"Hey, that looks like that DVD player you used to get home," Kai observes, looking at y/n. She nods, still confused. I roll my eyes; I have no idea what they're talking about.

"What I actually want, is this," I say, holding up a tiny crystal.

"I am so confused right now," y/n mutters.

"If you've seen the strange little contraption before, you would have noticed a little symbol on the front," I explain.

y/n and Kai look at the black object, and they see the symbol of a crystal.

"Well, that was the indicator of another compartment, where the realm crystal was stored."

"Realm crystal?!" y/n exclaims. "How did it get into the DVD player?"

"That would explain why this thing has transporting qualities," Kai says.

"Yeah, no kidding," y/n replies, her voice sounding like she's on the brink of a panic attack.

"Now that we know each other a little better, why don't I take you on a tour of the cursed realm?" I suggest, flying towards y/n. This is my chance to get rid of her and her friends once and for all.

------------------Kai's POV---------------

Morro flies towards us, and grabs onto y/n. I grab a hold of her, and I'm still holding onto Lloyd, so all four of us are transported to the cursed realm together.

We arrive at the cursed realm in the blink of an eye, but it isn't as "cursed" as I thought it would be.

"Oh my god," y/n says, frantically looking around. "I'm home."

"What do you mean you're home?" I ask.

"That's my house!" she cries, pointing to a home on the left.

"Are you sure we're in the curse realm?" I ask Morro.

"Positive," he says. "But you still need to meet the Preeminent."

"Oh, no," y/n breathes, not bothering to turn towards Morro as he says this. "Cole was right."

"I have no idea who this 'Cole' is, but if said something about the Preeminent being below the surface of Earth, then yes, he is correct."

"Holy sh*t," both y/n and I say in unison.

Morro laughs. "And now that I have the correct 'ingredients', I can finally summon the Preeminent."

Morro flies over to y/n, and using a knife, cuts her shoulder.

"Ow!"

"Blood drawn from the one of multiple realms," Morro recites.

"Hey, what the f*ck?" I protest, mad that he just hurt my friend, but then he flies over to me and pulls out a lock of hair. "Ouch!"

"Hair plucked from the one who protests."

Morro then goes and hovers over Lloyd, who's still unconscious. "And finally, the defeat of an unworthy elemental master."

y/n and I move closer together, waiting for the Preeminent to appear, but nothing happens.

"No!" Morro cries. "No, it can't be! I followed all the steps exactly!"

The ghosts lowers himself to the ground, seeming to have lost all hope.

"Feeling defeated, aren't you?"

y/n's eyes widen. "What did you just say?"

"Uh, that he's been defeated?" I repeat. "Why, what's wrong?"

"Morro's an unworthy elemental master..."

"And if he was just defeated..." I continue.

"Then all the steps were followed," Y/n finishes.

Just then, a rumble shakes the ground. I grab onto y/n, and we hold onto each other as the Preeminent rises out of the ground.

"This isn't good, is it?" I say, looking at y/n.

She shakes her head. "Not at all."