Chapter 8

*Warning!

Slight Vietnam x Phil up ahead!*

*3:09 p.m*

Vietnam arrived a bit early. But that just gives him a few more hours of relaxation. Sitting on the bed, he began to have a few doubt on attending this year's meeting. But he is already here in the States so he couldn't do anything but attend the meeting anyway.

"Hừm, tôi nên làm gì đây?"
(Hm, what should I do?)

Vietnam mumbles to himself as he just look around the room his staying. Remembering that he is going to have another country as a roommate.

"Tôi chỉ hy vọng đó là người mà tôi là bạn với ..."
(I just hope it's someone I'm friends with...)

Laying down in his bed, he thought of countless country that would be his roommate. But all of his thoughts goes to only one country...

"Philippines..."

•~•~•~•~•~•~•

Vietnam knocks on the door of Phil's mansion. Decided to visit his best friend, he brought snacks for him and planned to have a great day. Or so he thought.

He heard a small click as the door slowly opens, instead of meeting a happy and outgoing Phil he faced the complete opposite.

Philip opened the door, his eyes red as tears were falling from his cheeks and his eye bags were quite noticeable.

"V- Vietnam?"

"Is something wrong? What happened Phil?"

Vietnam softly said as he gently hold Philip's shoulder. Afraid to break the fragile country.

Where was the once confident and happy country he met?

"I-I'm fine, j-just stressed out..."

Philip holds Vietnam's wrist that was on his shoulder and took it off. Vietnam frowns at his words, knowing the Phil was lying to him.

"Would you like to come inside?"

Phil opened the door wider for Vietnam who nods as he stepped inside. Phil closed the door once Vietnam was inside.

"D-do you want something to drink? Water, juice, coke, coffee or tea?"

"I'm fine with just water."

"O-ok. I'll get you some, for now just relax and feel at home."

Philip walks to his kitchen to get some water while Vietnam looks around.

The whole place was clean, not one thing was a mess... Except for the coffee table.

Papers, papers and more papers were stacked on the coffee table. Vietnam walked over to it, examing the papers.

"Half of these are about the West Philippines sea... And there's one with Canada's trash... Martial's control in Mindanao? The buy-bust operation?"

As Vietnam continued to check each paper, he noticed a crumpled paper under the pile of the papers. Taking it out, Vietnam slowly read the paper with shock on his face.

'Philippines a province of China?'

Vietnam in anger, started to tear the paper to shreds. As he continued to tear the paper, he noticed a small white bottle with a paper taped to it was under the coffee table.