(4) - Stealin'

ACE TRICKED NATASHA SO GOOD making the woman think she could leave that easily. As soon as Ace left she locked the only exit. Leaving Natasha to figure how to get out on her own. Ace climbs up the fire escape silently, the only sound heard being was her 'PUDDIN' choker rattling quietly. Persephone was the mastermind behind the plan but Ace executed it perfectly.

Leaving the Black Widow locked in an old manufacturing building. Now here Ace was, opening the window of some random apartment, to rob it. Ace hops in and lands on the floor silently. She scans the area and listens for any people. It sounds empty so she looks for anything of value. Ace walks past the large wardrobe before turning back around; it just felt wrong to go past it.

She opens it up and finds nothing but notices a drawer on the inside, she pulls it open and inside is a chest. "Well, would ya look at that?" Ace exclaims as her eyes meet those of the Daredevil helmet. "Ouch!" She cries out as something strikes her like a whip. Ace drops the chest and looks at the woman with a towel in her hand? 

"Why the hell do you have a towel?!" Ace asks, beyond confused.

"It got your attention, didn't it?" The woman with brown hair chuckles before snapping the towel again, this time it becomes rigid. "Steal from my boyfriend, I steal something from you." Ace gasps which caused the woman's concentration to break. 

"You- you're! What's the name? Oh my god, I know who you are!!" Ace stomps her foot completely forgetting that she was here to rob the place. 

Ace racks her mind before clapping her hands, "You're that Blaze lady! From that restaurant! I ate there once! It was so go-" Blaze hit Ace's legs with the staff before kicking Ace's stomach. Ace coughs and wonders how this woman was doing so well. She cradles her head with one hand before sighing. Time to bring out the big guns. Ace hated using her bat in fights since it took so long to customize.

But living is living and dying is dying.

Ace pulls the bat off of her back; she just happened to bring it tonight. Blaze rolls her eyes at Ace as Ace blocks the staff with the bat. Once Ace gets close enough she nails Blaze in the side of the head. Something hits the back of Ace's ass. "Ow! Another one-" It's Daredevil, Ace squeals in delight even though she should be worried.

"Get out, now." The man threatens and Ace shakes her head defiantly. She came here to steal something and she would, no matter how bad she had to fight for it. Daredevil rushes at Ace and she manages to hit him in the shin with her bat before he's punched her in the face and got her in a headlock. "I'd leave if I were you." He advises and Ace nods, planning on attacking as soon as he let her go.

"I'd let her go if I were you," A new but familiar voice pipes up. Natasha Romanoff steps out of the shadows with a gun in hand. Daredevil begins to release Ace's neck even though she can breathe just fine. She almost died the first time she got choked so she's immune to it now. 

"Puddin'!" Ace yells and runs over to Natasha. Natasha points the gun at the man silently as he rushes over to the brown-haired unconscious woman. 

"WHY THE HELL WOULD YOU DO THAT?" NATASHA asks Ace once they're a few blocks away, Ace shrugs and holds onto the piece of paper she managed to get from the man's coat pocket. "You don't know?" Ace nods and tries to not feel guilty for making Natasha save her. 

"I woulda been fine, you know?" Nat nods as they walk down the alleyway. 

"I'm still trying to figure that out. How does that work anyway?" Ace shrugs again and Natasha sighs. 

"I honestly don't know... I've been like this since I can remember, which isn't very long-" Ace stops herself from revealing too much, she didn't need someone besides herself knowing about how little she knows about herself.

Ace knows as much as anyone would know about themselves...

Her name, her general age, her occupation... sure that's less than the average gal but Ace thinks she's doing fine with what little information she does have. Suddenly one day Ace woke up and sat beside her was a small notebook, telling her who she was and why she was that way. Which was about two sentences saying;

'Your name is Roseana Damien, you decided to forget your life and become the Ace of Hearts. You steal, piss off cops, and most of all; have a great time doing it.'

Other than that, Ace knows nothing about herself. And that was something she didn't want anyone to know, the fact that she knew nothing about herself was possibly the biggest vulnerability about her. Ace knew that Natasha would figure it out if she didn't tell her the truth but didn't feel comfortable with the master assassin knowing how to take her down.

"Where are you from anyway? I don't hear an accent or anything," Ace switches the subject at hand, asking Nat something she's wanted to know since she met the woman with fiery hair. 

"Uh, Russia..." Natasha answers after a short bit of silence Ace bumps shoulders with her. 

"If it makes ya feel any better, I don't know where I'm from." Ace can see the ghost of a smile on Nat's lips and decides to not comment on it.

Ace stops when they reach the end of the alleyway. "Well, I gotta go with the cops chasin' me and all-" Natasha knew better than to let Ace ramble on and cuts her off with a nod. Ace smiles a bit and nods back. "I, uh- I better get goin'. Bye Nattie pie!" Ace jumps up and grabs onto the nearest fire escape and scales the building as quick as she could.

She'd be lying if she said Natasha didn't make her nervous. Or that when Nat saved her, she felt safe for once. She would be lying if she said her heart didn't leap whenever a small smile made its way onto Natasha's face or when Natasha would call her crazy her stomach would be filled with balloons... or butterflies, Ace can never decide. 

Author's Note:

I liked this chapter when I first started writing it but as I continued I began hating it...this is definitely one I will be coming back to rewrite in the future. I hope you enjoyed it, have a wonderful day! <3