(8) - Cops !

ACE CHROTLES LOUDLY AS SHE DRIFTS onto the next street. "Come on boys! At least make this a challenge!" She yells over her shoulder with enthusiasm. She turns into an alleyway and smirks, time for that one of a kind luck to play. She hops off her bike and puts her hands up and the cops fill up the "only" exit.

"Hands up!" An officer yells even though her hands are up already, "Alright... alright..." She mumbles and turns around with a grin on her painted lips. "Hey, boys..." She purrs and they hold their guns tightly, nervously. They didn't know what to expect but Ace was more than ready to see the surprise on their faces. 

As if in slow motion, Ace spins in the air to fall on the seat of her bike; her right foot landing on the kickstart. 

She revs the engine loudly and yanks the throttle down to full speed and the bike drives forward with such force that when it climbs up the plank that fashioned a ramp from the ground to the dumpster with ease. Ace flies over the cops and smiles down at them. "Bye boys!" Her voice is calm as she lands on the asphalt with a thump. 

The bike's wheels squeal on the wet road as it begins raining. Ace's smile falters as the rain hits her pale skin harder than she was expecting. Ace hears the familiar sound of sirens and wheels squealing follow far behind her. A cop car pulls out in front of her and she slides the bike underneath a semi-truck and ends up in front of the cop vehicle.

Ace smiles at herself proudly and speeds up some more, she sees a ramp and her smile turns into a smirk. 

"Time for some fun!" She yells into the night and when she is in the air and notices that her luck has run out, her face drains of the little color that was there before. She sees that the road beneath the ramp isn't a road at all, but rather the river. A fast-moving, wide, deep river. Her smile falls as she tries to use the bike to throw herself on the damp ground but to no avail.

She's hit the cold water before she can even comprehend the icy feeling. Her eyes are wide open as the seemingly frozen liquid invades her mouth, nose, ears, any opening in her body. Ace tries to find the top of the water but the dark water all looks the same. She tries to breathe and instantly regrets it as water fills her dry and scratchy lungs. Her arms flailing around like a fish out of the water as she begins drowning. 

Ace whimpers and thinks about being saved. Someone would come, even if it would be the cops it would be better than dying like this. If Ace got saved by anyone she would be fine with it... even if she ended up spending the rest of her life in prison. Ace closes her eyes and the cold begins to set in her bones as her brain becomes aware of the ice poking through her skin.

As Ace drowns, she loses the feeling in her fingertips and toes. The cold water freezing her body, her head feels dizzy as she faints. 

When Ace falls to the bottom of the river, something breaks through the surface and begins lifting the unconscious woman from the depths of the icy water. When they reach the surface, Natasha stares at Ace's face with worry. She struggles to get Ace out of the water but when they reach a small patch of land she quickly begins doing compressions.

"Come on, Ace..." Natasha's breathing is quick and precise as she begins breathing into Ace's mouth. "Come on!" The Black Widow yells and begins breathing into Ace's mouth more than the compressions. Ace's chest rises with the air and falls quickly. Natasha grunts in anger and slams her fist down on Ace's breast bone. 

The woman jolts up, coughing all the way. Natasha pushes Ace onto her side as Ace coughs up the water in her lungs. When Ace stops coughing she hugs Natasha and the tears falling warm both Natasha's shoulder and Ace's cheeks. "Thank you, thank you, thank you, oh my god!" Ace cries loudly and dramatically but Natasha just rubs her back soothingly. 

"I died!" Ace screeches and the thought that she can't die by drowning now didn't even occur to her.

"I died! And you saved me Puddin'!" She squeezes Natasha tightly and thinks about if she should confess her feelings for the infamous Widow. "Nattie?" Ace asks once her breathing calmed down to almost normal. Natasha pulls away to stare at Ace's bloodshot eyes with a worried expression.

Almost as if she were asking Ace what, Ace takes a deep breath. "I think I-" Ace cuts off and shakes her head. "Thank you, Nattie." She sniffles before crying again, Natasha pulls Ace to her and hugs her tightly. At the same time, Nat begins rubbing Ace's arms to try and get her blood moving again. "Come on, we gotta go, you're going to get sick." Ace doesn't budge.

"I feel so useless." She mumbles.

Ace has never felt so insecure about herself. "My luck didn't work- it never works when you're around. It's like you distract it and I hate it. Cause the only way that I survive is with my luck." Ace laughs before sniffing. She rubs her nose. "Did you know that I can't swim? Never could and when I woke up, I didn't know... so I went to escape by swimming and I almost died. I hate that! It isn't fair, I have all this luck but when it comes to water- it's- it's- Fucked!" She hits the ground in anger.

"And my goddamn bike is gone! Because I'm an idiot! God!" She's hysterical now, Natasha stares down at Ace with sadness in her green eyes. 

Natasha shakes her head, "You aren't an idiot. I mean sure, you shouldn't have jumped that ramp if you didn't know what was beyond it but for some reason... I just know when you're in trouble. And I don't mind that your luck seems to be stretched thin around me, I like saving you, Ace." Ace looks up at Natasha with lust in her eyes. 

"Thank you, Natasha." This was the first time Ace had ever called Natasha, Natasha and Nat didn't like it. 

"What happened to Nattie Pie?" Natasha questions with a smirk. "I was trying to be serious, gosh!" Ace jokes and Natasha extends her hand. "Let's get you warmed up," Natasha suggests with a small smile and Ace takes her hand willingly. "I won't die, I've been too cold before!" Ace smiles brightly and Natasha prefers to see this crazy woman with a smile. 

Author's Note:

Author's Note:

Okay, but I LOVE their dynamic so much- omg they're my babies! Also, can we talk about how fucking adorable Harley Quinn is in the new movie promotions? She is such an icon omg.