(15) - Gay for enchiladas

ACE GROANED LOUDLY, like a child when they're bored. Natasha knew not to ask Ace what was wrong because Ace would eventually say. "I'm bored..." Ace dragged the word out for way too long and Natasha just nodded. They were on Ace's bed with their heads on the end of the bed. Ace held her lower back up, lifting her legs into the air.

She began falling and rolled into a crouch. "What did you think was going to happen?" Ace shrugs before laying her head on the end of the bed before groaning again. "What's wrong?" Natasha finally asks the woman.

"I wanna go into the city, I haven't just walked around in... well, ever!" Natasha gives her a look. Ace knows what it means, but Ace puts on a dumb face.

Natasha rolls her eyes in a playful manner as she rolls onto her stomach so she can be eye-to-eye with Ace. "That's because you're a criminal. And if you do that, you'll have cops on your ass." Ace snickered at Nat saying ass. "Oh my god, you must be really bored if you're laughing at that."

Ace nods dramatically. "Well, you can't go out looking like that." Ace gasps, "You may like dealing with the police, but I sure as hell don't." Looking down at the floor before realizing something, Ace shoots off the floor and out of the room. Natasha listens to the sound of Ace's footfalls going up the attic stairs. 

"I coulda sworn I left those ugly clothes up here!" Natasha knows that Ace is talking out loud to herself, so Nat stands up and walks over to the guest room. She opens the drawer on the large dresser and sees a jacket, she sets it out. Along with a pair of blue jeans, socks, and a hat. 

Ace pops her head in the doorway and sees the clothes, "Ta-da!" Natasha does weak jazz hands and Ace shakes her head. 

Walking inside to retrieve the clothes, "Don't ever do jazz hands like that again. It's offensive to me." Natasha tilts her head to the side before nodding, not even bothering with asking Ace how or why doing bad jazz hands was offensive. Ace walks into her room and strips down to her undergarments. 

"I hate normal clothes." Ace cringes as she pulls the black v-neck over her head. She almost struggles to put on the pants but jumps to pull them up all the way. "Ouch! Too high! Way too high!" She pulls them down a touch and then she's kind of comfortable.

The door opens, "I'm opening the door, you better be decent." Natasha walks in with a pair of battered combat boots. "I'm assuming these are yours... or Rose's. I'm unsure, but they're your size." Ace doesn't wanna know how Natasha found out her shoe size so she just takes them with a smile. Ace flops onto the bed and begins pulling them on. 

ACE GASPED LOUDLY, BEFORE breaking into a sprint. "Oh my god, oh my god!" Natasha holds her hand up because of the sun's glare to see the general direction that Ace was running in. Right to a Mexican Food Truck. Natasha grunts before jogging after Ace. "Oh my god! I have wanted an enchilada since I smelt this truck. Oh my god! There are so many options... how will I choose." Nat could tell that Ace was hyper.

After being cooped up in the house for around a week, Ace was like an excited puppy seeing the world for the first time. Ace held her pale hand up to her chin before pulling her hair behind her ear. Natasha told Ace to take her hair down since Ace of Hearts typically wears pigtails. Ace was uneasy about it but knew it made sense. 

"What do you recommend kind sir?" Ace asked the man with a politeness that Natasha has never seen before. Ace seems to feel Natasha's confused look and turns around to reply to the unasked question, "What can I say? I'm gay for enchiladas!" Ace turns back to smile up at the man.

He points at the menu, "The regular enchilada is the best, but if you're up for it... we have a secret ingredient in the 'Spice Supreme'. It's delicious, but spicy to a lot of people." Ace nods, she loves spicy food every now and then. 

"That one! I want the Spice Supreme, I want to feel this all the way to next week." He chuckles before nodding and saying to someone in the truck to make a Spice Supreme. 

The man looks to Natasha, "What would you like?" Nat shrugs before gazing up at the menu. 

"Bean and cheese burrito works." Natasha pays the man and he nods then does the same as he did with Ace's order. "Thank you." Natasha and Ace wait on the nearby park bench before the same man walks over with a bag. 

"Enjoy your meal." Ace gave him a bright smile before nearly ripping into the bag like a starving stray. 

She doesn't even bother with the fork inside the bag and picks up the saucy enchilada before taking a large mouthful. "Oh my god... oh my god..." Ace is moaning into the dripping enchilada as Natasha watches, amused. Nat grabs her burrito and begins eating. They enjoy the silence and the sound of Ace's eating. She pats her stomach when she's finished and looks at the trunk, engraving it in her memory for future reference.

"You said you were 'gay for enchiladas'?" Natasha suddenly asks and Ace nods. 

"And you but– mostly enchiladas." Instead of Ace getting flustered, Nat turns nearly the same shade of red as her hair. "I need to walk that enchilada off, accompany me?" Ace says in a horrible British accent as she offers Natasha her hand. Nat can't help but grin. 

So, they spend the rest of the afternoon and well into the evening laughing and walking around Central Park. At one point, Ace sees a baby bird has fallen out of its nest and she saved it. She managed to craft leaf gloves so the bird didn't smell like humans and Nat thought it was quite innovative. 

Ace saw a half-deflated balloon and just had to throw it in the trash because "Humans are wasteful dickwads." Towards the end of the day, Ace noticed the increasing amount of policemen so she and Natasha made their escape. Like Romeo and Juliet just if their names were Roseana and Natalia... and if they hadn't ya know, died. Ace saw this as an opportunity to race the Black Widow and she was surprised when she won.

Natasha clearly didn't know the city as well as Ace which made Ace feel rather proud of herself. "I'm not the one who said I was 'gay for enchiladas', so technically I win." Ace didn't agree and of course, challenged Natasha to another game of Go Fish. Which Natasha would like to think she won, when really Ace demolished her.

Author's Note:

I wrote this in less than thirty minutes– why did it literally take me two weeks to write one chapter again? I feel like there are a lot of plot holes and inconsistencies which gives me anxiety but at this point, it's too late to turn back :) Hope you enjoyed this chapter, have a wonderful day/night/morning :) !

Also, I have no self-control at all so here's another chapter