Nurse's Office

You hate to admit but you missed having recess, free-time just seems like a waste of time. Kids are smoking pot under the orange trees while others have their bodies exploring unknown places down under their sheets with boys they've just met, it would be a great time to read a book you suppose but it would be rather difficult with the ruckus. You watch as Kelly and her clique pick on a sweet quiet girl for the color of her hair and others chant for them to fight. You roll your eyes at your peers' stupidity as you walk your way away from the conflict.

As you begin to walk, your eyes catch an odd occurrence. You stop dead in your tracks as you look up towards the sky and catch a glimpse at a pink tennis ball floating above your head, trapped in a bubble. You reach your hand up and poke the bubble open and the ball falls to your feet, you bend over to grab the ball and you giggle as you analyze the object, there's only one explanation for this anomaly.

You look up to see Crybaby and Angelita running up to you, a wide smile on either of their faces. "Hey, there!" you say with a blush, Crybaby's smile seems to drop when she sees the ball in your grasp. You feel the pit of your stomach drop at the sight, her eyes drop down to the ground and she decides to not look up at you. 

"Um...Thanks for catching our ball!" Angelita says with a smile before grabbing it from your hand. You nod slightly while keeping your sight on Crybaby, her head soon follows her eyes and it too drops.

Your head tilts with confusion. "I-Is she okay?" you ask Angelita. She looks to her friend before nodding. "She's fine, just...tired! She didn't get much sleep last night."  she says, you can see right through her excuse but shrug it off anyways. "Okay...."

"Any who, wanna play some tennis with us?" She shrieks with delight, Crybaby looks up to her friend before chewing on her bottom lip. You smile before shaking your head lightly, "I'll uh-I'll leave you two to it." you say before walking off with your hands behind your back.

Crybaby sighs once your out of sight before she looks to Angelita with tears in her eyes. "I can't do it...I can't tell her." she cries to her friend, Angelita pulls her into a hug and sighs. "You have to remember what's important here. Unrequited love or freedom?" she asks. Crybaby looks up and wipes her tears away, it only makes her want to cry more knowing that if y/n were there, she would've wiped them away for her.

"She just...she means a lot to me, Elita. I think I might love her." Crybaby confesses. Angelita pulls away and shakes her head, "You know that she's nothing but a distraction to you. She's pulling your focus away from our main objective, here. Pull yourself together, girl." She says whilst pointing her slender index finger in Crybaby's direction.

"I want to believe that you're right but it feels wrong, maybe her and I were meant to be. Maybe she's my purpose. You heard what Lilith said, we need to find our-"

"Stop it! You're making a fool of yourself here, you need to tell her to leave you alone." Angelita interrupts without hesitation. Crybaby's face drops along with her heart, her lip trembles at the thought of losing the only person she's grown to love. "O-Okay..."

____

You rest your head on your palm as you flip through your English book, reading never was your forte. The library seems to be the only place you find peace for no one really seems to come in here that often. It's usually just your and the old librarian with frail ginger hair and a mind made from heaven.

"Hey, Y/n." Crybaby's soft trembling voice speaks from behind you. You lift your attention from your book and smile at the girl, the smile soon drops at her appearance. She looks mentally drained, her hair un-brushed and eyes puffy from crying. "Hey...What's wrong sweetie. You look awfully pale." You say as she takes a seat next to you, your hand reaches up and caresses her soft cheek. She trembles under your touch.

"I...I'm fine, just-" She pauses and stares at the top of the reading table as if looking for her next words within the details of the woodwork. "It's hard to say this is all, I don't want to do it." she mumbles, you sigh and nod. "You're okay, honey. Take your time." 

She sighs shakily while nodding her head, her eyes close as she speaks. "I didn't mean for yesterday to happen." she whispers, you're taken back with confusion. "What ever do you mean?" you ask, her eyes flutter open once more but yet she refuses to look at you. "We shouldn't have kissed. I wasn't thinking straight, I was in need of any sort of comfort and convinced myself in the moment that it's what I wanted but it isn't. I don't like you in that way." she says while looking at the floor.

Your eyes begin to tear up while you stutter over your words. "W-Well, I-I...Crybaby, I-"
"Stop. It's better if you don't talk. Just forget about it, focus on getting out of this school, and remember that I will never do that again." she interrupts, she bites her lip to save herself from tears. She turns her head to you searching for any answer.

"O-Oh...I...I didn't either. I guess it was foolish." you lie. It was too hard to find any words to say to the girl to convince her otherwise, you choke on your breath and look to your closed book. Crybaby bites her tongue before placing her face in her hands. "God, I wish I never spoke." she mumbles before standing up, her voice becoming more and more frail. "I'll see you in class, y/n. I'm sorry for everything." and just like that, she's gone.

Your heart begins to race as your mind floods with the memories from the bathroom, her small in your lap, her soft lips against yours, and petting through her beautiful silky hair. You feel as your eyes fill to the brim with tears and begin to pour down your cheeks, 'how could you be so dumb' you ask yourself. 

Your hands wipe your tears away and you force yourself out of your seat to get to class on time.

________________

Your face heats up as you see Crybaby in her assigned seat beside you, your heart strings tug for you to run away. It was too hard to face her again after what had happened, you missed her already.

Her head lifts up and she flashes you a smile. You fight your tears back to smile back, she waves you over but you stand still. Frozen in place.

Just as the bell rings, your head feels as if it were a balloon getting filled with helium. You stumble backwards and barely catch yourself before the teacher bumps into you. "What the hell are you doing?! Get in your seat, young lady!" she yells. Your breathing suddenly becomes unbearably fast and your heart feels as if it were to burst. You push the teacher out of your way and run down the halls looking for the nurse's offices.

It isn't long before you reach the desk and beg the receptionist for an appointment. "Please, please tell her I need to be looked at!" you plead, the woman becomes frantic and grabs her phone. "Y-Yes, right away, ma'am!" she says nervously, you fumble back into a seat and wipe the sweat from your forehead. You look down to your chest and watch as your heartbeat shows through your dress.

You fiddle with your nails and chew on your bottom lip as you whimper at the pain in your chest. "How may I help you, today?" a crisp voice say from beside you. 

A nurse with bright red, curly hair and a lilac nametag pinned to her chest that reads 'Julianna', walks up to you from behind her desk with a irritated scowl and clipboard in hand. Her patience is clearly running thin at your lack of voice so she once more asks. "What seems to be the issue?" she says modestly, you look up with your red, puffy eyes and stutter.

"I-I think I have a broken heart." you say.