High School Sweethearts

Roll credits!

Your POV

Celeste started walking me to class more often than usual, Crybaby had seemed too busy with herself that she was rarely around anymore. Today, Celeste was discussing our master plan to tear this hellhole apart. The girls had all agreed on seducing Leo, when he was too busy with his mind in the gutter, they were to announce to the entire student body about what the corrupt school had done to them and open the gates to freedom.

Seducing Leo seemed quite easy, he was charming, which also meant he was gullible. Fleur and Magnolia contemplated on who should be the one to have the honor of being the seducer, they all settled on Crybaby. She was pretty, sweet, and persuasive. Anyone could fall for her unique tooth gap and her heart of gold.

"Well, when should we do this exactly?" Elita asked the five, Magnolia tapped her index finger on her chin as she thought.
"Ooh, let's do it the night of the dance!" she says, the others all giggle and clap their hands. "Perfect!"
"Genius!"
"Why didn't I think of that?!"
You hum in confusion, "What dance?" you ask. They all look to you in awe.
"You don't know about the dance?" Fleur asks you, you shake your head and shrug. She gasps dramatically, you scoff and laugh at her. "It's mandatory but will definitely be a great distraction while we plot our revenge." she giggles, you smile brightly.

I should ask Crybaby to the dance, regardless of if we do the plan or not. She deserves to know that you'd still love the idea of giving her the best night of her life.

"The note!" you shout suddenly, they all look to you confused. "Note?" Elita asks. You nod.
"Yes, I wrote Crybaby that love note the other day. I think she knew it was me, I-I could ask her to the dance." you say gleefully, the girls all nod. "She'd love it, but please, make sure to keep her focused. Don't distract her either." Celeste warns, you nod and smile in return.
The bell rings to tell everyone to hurry to class, the girls all say their goodbyes before splitting up. You stay behind in the hallway, making sure to hide behind a wall. 

You hold your hands over your heart and practice your speech.

A pair of soft footsteps approach the bench behind the wall, surely still keeping you hidden from sight.
You smile at the irony as you listen to Crybaby reciting the letter to herself, you sigh to yourself with a blush as you prepare to turn around and ask her. Just as you turn you bump into something, a man.
Leo's eyes meet yours. You freeze in your place as he looks down at you. "Excuse you." you huff, he glares at you with a smile. "Get to class, Y/n." he says as he walks down the hall, sitting right down beside Crybaby. You eavesdrop on the conversation with jealousy.

Crybaby's POV

I sit on the bench beside my locker while I stare at the note I had received. I couldn't stop reading it over and over, the sincerity really shined through the text. It definitely seemed to have come from a girl, I haven't met any boy here with such a way with literature.
Just then, a pair of footsteps echo from the end of the hallway. I lift my head up, only to see Leo walking to me, a comforting smile inviting me to his company.

"Hello, Crybaby." the way he says my name sends shivers down my spine, I look up to him and offer a smile. "Oh, hey Leo." he sits beside me and eyes my note, I pull it from his sight and scoffs out of annoyance. "Um...that's private!" I defend, he chuckles. "Did you like it?" he asks.

I tilt my head to the side with confusion. "W-What?" I ask, his eyes gesture to the note folded in my lap. "I wrote that for you." he said. I blush crimson red, I could've sworn it was from Y/n.

"Really?" I ask with a soft smile, he nods. "Well, of course. I really like you, Crybaby." he says platonically, I shiver at his confession. "W-Wow, I didn't really think anyone would like me." I respond, I loved Y/n and all but maybe she didn't feel the same anymore. Fires burn out eventually.

"I would like to go to the dance with you this Saturday." he offers, I nod with giddy laughter. "Yes, a million times yes." I say. He smiles and rubs his hand over my knee. "Okay...That's be great." he whispers with his eyes on my lips. "I'll see you there, lovely." he says before laying a kiss on my cheek.

I sigh happily as he walks away, who would've thought. A soft whimper pulls me from my train of thought. I stand up hesitantly and walk near the sound, I tip-toe to the end of the hallway and peak around the corner.
Y/n stood there crying, my eyes widened at the sight. She looked up at me and I watched as her insecurities, love, and misery drained from her eyes like mine had before. My heart broke in half at the sight.
"Y/n..." I whisper, she shakes her head. "Don't do that to me..." she says as she takes a step back. I gut my mouth open and stare at her, I had no words to make my actions acceptable. 
"You said I was your one and only true love. S-She said that I met all of your requirements." she stuttered. I gazed at her with confusion. "Requirements?" I ask.

She nods. "Elita told me every last one, accept you for who you are, stick with you through thick and thin, don't mock you for you interests and clothing, give you passion!" she explained. I noticed every last detail was within her and I's relationship.
"The one that hurts the most is not waste your time. You sure did waste mine." she wept, I gasped lightly. "You really think that I-"
"I heard you!" she shouts. "I wrote you that note, I wanted to take you to the dance. Fuck, every last ounce of my love was given to you and you just used it to give to someone it didn't belong to!" she says to me, all of my choices were thrown down my throat and I felt ashamed. She was my backbone for all of these years. "I didn't mean to...I love you." I confess, she shakes her head. "Obviously, you don't." she whispers into thin air as she runs away. I kick the locker beside me and scream at the top of my lungs. 
"STUPID, STUPID, STUPID!!" I shout at myself. How could I have let myself do that to her, why did I ever think she didn't love me? She has given me nothing but support and love, and I doubted her.

Your POV

I sit on the edge of my bed and wipe my tears from my cheeks, it felt like they were burning streaks in my cheeks. All of my agony was expelling onto my soft flesh, I had once again, had my heart broken by the mysterious girl with bi-colored hair.

Time and time again, I couldn't figure out why she thought I didn't care. Was all I ever done just a joke? Did she not want it? I sigh to myself as questions continue to ponder, I'll never get the answers I want.

"Y/n, It's Fleur." I hear her soft voice announce from behind my door, I look up at the wooden panel and huff. There's no way I want company right now.

"I know you're in here." she says, I shove my face into my pillow. The door suddenly opens wide despite being locked, I turn around to see Fleur with her hands directed at my door and her eyes pitch black. I groan, "That's unfair." I said to the girl. She rolled her eyes before walking up to me and rubbing a comforting hand over my back. "I'm sorry to hear about Crybaby." she says, I shrug in return. "It's usual. I think I'm done this time. I don't think I can take it any longer." I admit, she shakes her head.

"You can't do that." she says, I push her hand away and scoff. "Why not? She never puts my first! I always have for her, she doesn't love me like I love her." I explain, she sighs. "You don't know the half of it, kiddo. She never stops talking about you. Day and night, you're all that's on her mind. You've shown her nothing but kindness and she acknowledges that fact, she just doesn't know how to thank you so she denies that it ever happened. She's never had people who have loved her like you have." she says to me, I tear up again.

"I've known about her parents and all but god, I didn't know she couldn't register my-" I sigh as my head drops into my hands. "I'm an idiot." I whisper, Fleur's hand finds it's place on my back again. "The dance is in two days, make an apology speech, I'll make your dress." she smiles, I nod to her as I grab a piece of paper and sit at my desk.