Drama club

*Cough cough, best song on the album, cough cough*

Why was Crybaby acting so different lately? Why was she being so distant? You ask yourself. Question after question ponder in your mind as you wander down the empty hallways on your way to class, the more you start to wonder, the more you realize it starts to hurt. Why did she regret what happened? Was Angelita telling her to say all of this? Was Angelita jealous? Were you? 

You stop dead in your tracks as you see the one and only approaching you, Angelita stops in your path and her porcelain face remains neutral. "Oh...Hey." you say with an inviting yet menacing tone as she sends you a smile. "Hi, y/n. Is there an issue, you're looking awfully pale."  she says, you feel your face instantly light up a crimson red like a firework on the fourth of July. 

"How about you worry about your own and stay out of my way!" you hiss as you push past her and proceed your intended route to your class, "Woah! What is all of this about?!" she shouts after you, her smooth voice echoing off of the desolate halls. You stop abruptly and turn back to her with your eyebrows furrowed, "You know exactly what this is about!" 

Her head tilts before she smiles and closes her eyes. "This is about Crybaby, isn't it?" you scoff and take a step towards her. "Don't act so koi, I know what you're doing. Why are you shutting her from me? What did I do so wrong to you to convince her to hide from me?" you ask with a angry tone. "She has more important things to worry about here than you. The world doesn't revolve around you, you know?" She spits, you're taken back at her words. 

"Excuse me?" you ask with a hand over your chest, you feel as if your heart was going to explode. Her eyes widen with regret and she chews on her bottom lip before speaking once more. "I- What I meant was maybe she just doesn't feel the same. She's her own person with her own feelings." she covers up, you glare at her with intent and scoff once more. "Then stop speaking for her and back the hell off. You may be her best friend, but I think I've got a clearer idea of how she feels better than you ever could." you say in her face before turning around and walking down the hall to the auditorium.

The seats in the aisles in the theater seem empty until the lights flash back on and the teacher walks elegantly into the center stage. The students all applaud the man strangely, you find an empty seat and watch his explanation of a play he wants to present to the school. As if god wanted to punish you, you listen and observe as Angelita walking down the aisle and sitting in a chair directly behind you. You throw your head back against the seat and groan loudly.

Everyone's dead eyes turn to you with their eerily wide smiles, "I'm sorry, miss. Is there an issue? Would you like to have the stage and give us a better envision?" Mr. Cornwell asks. You straighten your posture and shake your head. "No sir."

He nods slowly as the bell rings for class to begin, just as he begins to instruct the storyline, the door shuts briefly behind you. "Are you kidding me? Why am I not surprised?" you whisper to yourself.

"Crybaby! I see you've decided to come in late...again." Mr. Cornwell speaks. You turn your head to see her nervously take steps down the aisle and sit right next to you. You keep your eyes to the stage while hers lock on you, her head leans in closer to whisper. "Hey, a-are you doing okay? After yesterday, I wasn't quite sure and I wanted to apologi-" 
"Save it, I've heard more excuses than lessons here. Pay attention and shush it." you say coldly to the girl, her soft eyes water up as she hesitantly leans back into her own space bubble.

You close your eyes and sigh, she doesn't deserve this. You turn back to her and open your mouth to apologize only to see she's caught up in her own argument with an arrogant boy with slick blonde hair. 

"Actually having a larger capacity to feel and express emotion are one of the many qualities that make us superior to your kind, thank you very much!" she huffs, the boy she was telling off what dumbstruck with his jaw dropped. Everyone around was whispering in each others ears as they looked at the girl, she giggles and scoffs before stand up.

"'Your kind is to soft and sensitive to handle a man's job.' Do I really offend you?" she asks with a joyful laughter. "Whatever, keep your costume and your mask. I'm out of here." she says as she takes a stand and makes her way back up the aisle. you watch in awe as she makes a stupendous exit, her glory is ended early as two men grab onto her arms and drag her away from the exit. She kicks and screams for freedom, you watch in terror. "Put me down! Stop it! Listen to me!!" she begs as they take her behind the velvet curtain, her voice fades with her absence.

You wanted to run after her but you didn't know what you could possibly do or say to prevent her from being punished.

_______________________________

The entirety of your class remained silent and did their word while your eyes and mind are locked on the window. Just outside the pane there sits 3 birds on a branch, you feel silly for envying them. They're free to fly away from this hell whenever they please but not without a break, you lie your head on your desk and begin to sob. Maybe Crybaby could've been helped, you could've done something but your pettiness prevented you from saying anything. Maybe you could've accepted her apology and stopped her talking to the boy in front of her.

Your puffed sleeves on your uniform become soaked in your tears which only makes you think about Crybaby's sobs, her soft cheeks, and her open heart.  You lift your head and wipe your misery away before taking a deep breath, you need to get out of here you decide. You raise your hand to ask to be excused but just as you do, the announcement chime rings over the intercom.

The entirety of your class looks up to the ceiling where the speaker was placed, you recognize the voice to be of Mr. Cornwell.

"Students, I am pleased to announce that our seasonal play is taking place in 5 minutes. We would insist that you all attend, it truly is an event you don't want to miss." He says, in union, the class takes a stand and all march their way to the auditorium. You watch as the mindless creatures walk, almost as if they were brainwashed or robots.

You follow behind with suspicion into the familiar room and find a seat in the first row. The lights shine brightly on the curtain and the old timely music begins to play as it opens up, you immediately notice Crybaby in her vintage dress. She looks angry yet monotone, almost as if she were fighting brainwashing herself.

The man she dances with insists for her to iron his clothing while him and the other men walk to the edge of the stage, she punches her ironing board to the beat of the music. Her angry pout becomes more and more visible with her theatrical performance, her eyes lock on yours and suddenly her face drops. The other women continue with the show as she stands frozen in your gaze.

Almost as if she were broken from a trance, she grabs her iron and stomps over to one of the men and burns his cheek off. He screams in agony as his flesh melts off, Crybaby throws the iron on the floor and walks to the edge of the stage and begins to speak. You can tell by her tone that it isn't scripted and is from her heart.

"You're all being brainwashed, can't you see what's happening?!" she screams, the audience replies with silence. "Open your fucking eyes!" she pleads, your eyes water up at the sound of her voice. She sounds desperate and lost, you turn to your peers only to see their dead eyes and wide smiles.

"Get off of me! Get off!" you hear her soft voice shriek, you look up to see the same two men handling her again to take to god knows where. Your heart sinks at the thought and you take a stand, you turn your body to face the audience and you scream. "For fuck's sake, open your eyes! Wake up!!" 

The men on either side of her arms fall to the ground and everyone's heads bob backwards, you turn around to the girl and she stands there in awe. "Did that just fucking happen?" she asks you with a fearful whisper. You sigh shakily and shrug, "D-Did that do it?" you ask. Her lip begins to quiver and she holds her arms out to you, you open yours up and let her fall from the stage and into your arms. 

Her cute button nose is pressed against your own, her dramatically painted eyes flutter as they lock into yours. "I'm sorry, y/n." she whispers, you lean forward and place a passionate kiss to her rosy red lips. "Don't be." you whisper back.

She smiles widely before turning to the audience, "We have unfinished business." she says before pointing her finger to the exit and directing the running kids down the halls. As the auditorium empties, you find yourself staring at Angelita's cursing smile. 

"Whatcha standing around for, silly? You don't want to miss this!" she giggles before running out along with your classmates.

You soon follow after, the halls direct you all to the principal's office. Crybaby and Angelita open the doors wide and everyone runs in screaming, you cover your mouth as you watch the chaos unravel.

They all target the sinner behind his desk and all you can hear is his cries of pain as they tear his body apart with the two powerful girls giggling with their fingers interlocked with one another.