Chapter 5: Kill the unjust

(y/n) POV

It's been a few days since I killed the Reaper, I didn't understand what was happening at the time or why everyone was so sad. "Mama?" I said, "Sweetie Shel...Shel's gone." Mama said sadly, "Where go?" I asked, Mama just shook her head.

"Mama?" I said as my mother lied down next to me in her bed and tucked me in, "Just go to sleep honey, I know I'm acing a bit strange, but right now I just need you right here next to me." Mama said as she hugged me. 

The next morning Mama explained what happened to Shel, "Shel." I said sadly as Mama comforted me, "I know it hurts and I know I cant make any of this better, but I swear that I will not leave you." Mama said, "I'm gonna take some time to be with you before I take on any sort of job." She said, "That cool with you boss?" She asked, Grandma nodded, "Thank you. I know the Revolutionary Army needs us to do what we do, but right now my cub needs me." She said.

"Mama." I cried as I held onto my mother's pant leg, "Shh it's ok, it's ok. See I'm ok, I just went to the bathroom honey. I'm sorry I should have said something, but you were sleeping so soundly I didn't want to wake you." Mama said as she hugged me, "Remember no one's going to beat me after all if I'm gone then who'll take care of you?" She said.

Leone POV

"(y/n)? (Y/N)!" I said worriedly as I sat up in bed, I ran out to the training field and found (y/n) practicing using his flames, "(Y/N)!" I shouted as I ran over to him and grabbed his arms, "(y/n) do you have any idea how worried you made me?!" I scalded, "M...Me sorry Mama." (y/n) said sadly, "Oh sweetie I'm sorry, w...what are you doing out here honey?" I asked, "He said he wanted to get stronger to keep you safe." Akame said, "Sweetie that's so sweet, but I'm supposed to protect you." I said as I hugged him, "I don't want you to go anywhere by yourself for awhile alright sweetie." I said, "Ok Mama." He said, "I love you so much." I said as I kissed the top of his head.

"Mama, hungry." (y/n) said, "Ok, ok I'm cooking as fast as I can!" I said, "Jeez you're so spoiled." I said as he ran into the kitchen and stood next to me on his little stool, "Help." He said sweetly, "Aw thank you sweetie, but I don't want you to get burned so how about you help hand me things." I said, "OK!" He said happily.

"It's good!" (y/n) said happily as we ate, suddenly he got really sad, "What's wrong honey? Too hot?" I asked, he shook his head, "Shel like." He said, "Oh honey." I said as I sat his head in my lap and petted his head gently, "Don't worry Mama's gonna make the bitch who did this pay." I said.