Always be ready

Thursday, April 19, 2012. Written by Langston. (again. xD)

You never know when God is going to use you, or call you into action. You also can't predict when God is going to set you up in a situation, where you have to speak up or take a stand. Neither can you know when pressure is going to come to try and stop you from doing God's will. But you can prepare yourself, for when that time comes.

See, a lot of the time as Christians, we just float around in our own lives instead of pursuing God. Some of us get bored in our bubbles, and start seeking God again. Others are so deep into their lives that they don't even notice. But that's not going to help you grow in Christ. We have to seek God with everything. He's going to show you what you need to know, and what you need to learn.

My friend Madeline is an awesome example. She's @madelinelovesjesus on this app called Instagram. It's like a twitter for photos. I have it too, and one night I was just scrolling through my feed and saw one of the pictures she posted. Note: Yeah, this information is outdated. I haven't been on IG all that much lately, and I don't think she's on anymore. If she is, she has a different username now. [sorry guys. xP]

In the caption, she said how after church, she went to walmart, she saw this couple. The guy said some things to the girl. Some things that really hurt her and things she has probably heard before. She went away crying. Maddie followed her. The girl found the section with the cooking knives. She picked up a knife, and took a deep breath; a breath that she believed to be her last. That's when Maddie ran over. She took away the knife, and took out her bible from her purse. She showed the girl Ecclesiastes 3:11:  

"Yet God has made everything beautiful for its own time. He has planted eternity in the human heart, but even so, people cannot see the whole scope of God’s work from beginning to end." 

The girl asked her who wrote this. Madeline answered, "your Father in heaven." The girl broke down. Not because of pain, but because of the love that God showed her, through Madeline. I believe she was saved that night. If not, she's definitely on the right path to knowing Christ. 

And it's all because Maddie was ready. She had God's word in her. Although she hadn't trained for this specifically, she was prepared. And when the time came, she knew which verse to show, and God gave her the right words to say.

That's how we need to be. God gives us downtime to prepare ourselves, to arm and equip ourselves with truth. We need to use it. Just like in the military.

When soldiers are deployed, before they can go overseas to the country they're stationed to, they need training. The soldiers go through a time of training and preparation, so they will be ready fight bravely, and know what to do in the face of war. It's the same for us.

As Christians, whether we're writing an internet blog, or approaching the mission field, we all need preparation.  So don't let it pass you by. We can't do anything for Christ if we aren't prepared. You have to be ready and willing. Look at Madeline. If she hadn't known the right verses, hadn't had the confidence that she had from studying, she could have ended up watching this girl take her life. But because she was ready and allowed God prepare her, that girl is not only alive, but also on the path for a new life, and a living testimony. So I really want to encourage you to think ahead, and just prepare yourself for whatever you feel God is calling you to do. You never know the affect it could have, and the people it could help.  

Have a great day and God bless!!