Forget the past, and move foward

Tuesday, March 13. Written by Langston

. . .

The things we've said, the things we've done, the things that happened, things we've become, its all behind us now. All of it.

The past isn't easy to put away though, when it's floating right in front of your face.

But what is done is done. There is no fixing it, its already out of your reach. Don't waste your time trying to get it back.  That's how Satan leads us astray.

He tells us we're useless, that there is no hope for us, that despite whatever good we do, it will never outweigh what's already been done. But those are lies.

When Jesus said "It is finished", he meant it is FINISHED. He's opened the door of life and forgiveness for all of us. And the doors that Jesus opens, no one can shut. (Revelation 3:7)

Guys, I know its hard. And I know it's a struggle and takes heart, but we need to let the past go. It no longer defines us. We are new creations in Christ. The old has passed away, and the new has come. (2 Corinthians 5:17) 

Even when we fail as Christians, God doesn't look at our failures. When he looks in our eyes, he no longer sees our sin, and the mistakes from our past. He looks in our eyes and sees Jesus, and the future he wants us to have.   

That's why its so important to leave what's behind us behind, and move towards what's ahead. The past blinds you from seeing whats plainly in front of you. God could be trying to show you something, but you're so bent on what happened a few days ago that you don't even notice. The past can distract us from the present, and consequently, impact our future.

Your past is a part of you, but it isn't you. It does not define who you are as a person. If the Apostle Paul focused only on his past, he would've never gotten to the point in his relationship with God that he's at now. He put his past behind him, and continued to move forward, one foot after another.  

So I want to encourage you to look ahead, and not behind. If you keep turning to look behind, you'll soon find that the rest of your body will follow your head. You'll be walking through life backwards, only being able to see things as they slowly disappear from your sight, stumbling over obvious obstacles and falling into traps because you're preventing yourself from seeing them.

But if you look ahead, you will be able to see clearly. You can avoid traps and obstacles because you'll be able to see where you're going. Some things may get to you, but you won't be totally helpless. Jesus is always with you, and will never leave you. So yeah.

I hope that this seriously helps you in your walk with God!   

I'm gonna share one of my favorite songs too. It's called "Forgiven" by Sanctus Real, and it goes great with what this whole post is about. This song can really help too :] [it's in the sidebar]

            God bless you guys and have a great day!!

Philippians 3:13 (ESV)

  Brothers, I do not consider that I have made it my own. But one thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and straining forward to what lies ahead.