The Trinity isn't supposed to make sense

Monday, June 25, 2012.

This is a post I wrote about the Trinity. In the original post on the blog, I had pictures embedded into the post to offer visualizations to help illustrate my points. The pictures are included on the sidebar as a slideshow, but if you'd like to get the full effect, I'd suggest clicking the external link and reading the original post. :P Thanks for reading, and God bless! :]

. . .

Let's face it. The trinity is pretty confusing. It makes absolutely no sense to us. Three separate beings that are one God, even though they're separate individuals. Think about it too much, and your brain might implode.

Many critics and skeptics of the trinity, such as people of opposing religions like Islam or Jehovah's Witnesses, and a few Christian denominations, try to use the fact that the Trinity is confusing, to prove that it's false. But what they don't realize is, that the Trinity's confusing-ness just shows that it's true. 

I mean, just think about it for a second.

Here is the God that created the Earth, who created the Sun, 

[image of Earth vs. Sun]

(that little blue dot is Earth) (the size of the sun compared to Earth and other planets)

who created the stars,

[image of Sun vs. other stars]

(not to mention these guys, who make the Sun seem like a golfball.)

and created the entire universe.

[image of the universe]

Not to mention creating time, space, human logic, human reasoning and knowledge, creating light, form, mass, gravity... we can't even begin to comprehend all he's done!! (Ecclesiastes 3:11)

We can barely understand time itself, from how it exists, to what caused it to start. We're also only beginning to understand the universe we're living in, and why and how it operates the way it does. We still have many unanswered questions about everything.

So how can you expect to completely understand the Creator, if we can't even comprehend his creation?

I mean, if trying to understand time travel movies makes your head hurt, then totally comprehending everything about God, and everything he is; will make it explode. 

It's like trying to squeeze 120GB of music on an 8GB iPod. Our minds are too limited to completely understand a God who isn't limited by time, space, and the laws of physics. I can't even picture that, and neither can you. God is just too big, and too awesome for us our minds to really grasp. 

That's why other religions believe in things like the Father, Son, and Spirit being separate Gods; the Father being God, Jesus an angel, and the Holy Spirit only an active force; and God being God, Jesus only a prophet, with the holy spirit not existing. 

Despite none of that being found in the bible, people believe it, because it makes sense to them. 

They can understand it, and that's what they see as the truth. While that's their decision, and we should all respect it; God is not limited to human logic. He can be anything he wants to be, wether it makes sense to us or not. 

Saying the Trinity is false because it doesn't make sense, or because it's "illogical", is saying that God can only be something if it makes sense to us. That's a lie, because God isn't limited to what we can think. He created our ability to think. God is not limited to anyone, except himself.

Like my friend tweeted a while back: "God is a God who can do anything and everything. Stop putting human limitations on him."

That includes being three persons, but one God.

From here on is by Hannah ;)

Like Langston said, there is no logic behind God and how He opperates. We're like ants trying to understand something so much bigger than us. I believe that Jesus is who he said he was, Lord. God says that we should believe like little children, without question. Proverbs 3:5-6 explains it all. Lets just trust in God and not lean on our own understanding. People say that just because it's confusing and doesn't make sense, it's not true. If you ask me, I think that the Earth banging into place, and people coming from monkies doesn't make much sense either ;) The Trinity isn't supposed to make sense. We're just supposed to have faith and believe it. Like Langston said, God can do whatever He wants. God CAN. I heard someone say awhile ago that "God can't do it alone, He needs people." The words "God" and "can't" don't belong in the same sentence. I think if you rephrase it and say "People can't do it alone, they need God," it would make a lot more sense. Lets just trust the Lord and have faith in Him. He will make himself known to us.