A Night To Remember ~ Chapter 10

This chapter is dedicated to one of my closest friends to date. Happy, very late, Birthday, Luiza!

    I ended up spending the whole night in the Enchanted Forest with Adonis. We mostly stared at the stars. Although it doesn't count as our night together, Adonis said if I didn't feel comfortable, he would count it. I said no, it might be worth having the younger prince wrapped around my little finger. Not that Adonis isn't an excellent piece of work, I just -

    I take a deep breath. Adonis and I had decided to meet tonight. Seeing as it is an hour to sundown, and I haven't even decided what to wear yet, I think it would be appropriate to pay a visit to Madisón. Although I don't think she'll be in a good mood after this morning. We had spent three hours looking for Charlotte and came out empty-handed. Training was canceled for today due to some girls suffering severe injuries. Instead, we would be adding in some combat to a magic session next week.

    I open my dark, oak door and step out into the elaborately decorated hallway leading to Madisón's room. As I walk, I take time to inspect the hall. Paintings with muted colors adorned each wall, alongside lit candelabras. Come to think of it, the castle was quite dull compared to mine, which my mother had spent every day renovating from the woodland style my grandmére had adopted from the witches. Our castle was bright and vibrant, yet still luxurious. Allowing it not to be mistaken for a bazaar. The Queen has a terrible sense of style. Even her dresses are drab, though they are expensive.

    I reach Madisón's door and knock.

    "Coming!"

    I hear the patter of heels, and the door is suddenly yanked open. The broad smile that had once been on her face fell.

    "Oh."

    I give her a small smile, "Oh? Am I that disappointing to see?"

    She shakes her head and steps aside. I let out a tiny gasp, there were clothes strewn everywhere, and I feel a twinge of sadness. If Charlotte were here, she would've had a heart attack seeing so many suitable dresses being wrinkled. But she isn't. She hasn't even sent Madisón or me an invitation to her birthday, which is in two days.

    "You thought I was Charlotte, didn't you?"

    Madisón slams her bedroom door, and I hear a loud sigh.

    "I might have a remedy."

    I hear her heartbeat accelerate and turn around to see a massive smile on her face.

    "I need an outfit for tonight."

    Her eyes visibly widen, and she immediately grabs my arm, dragging me to her closet. The second she opens the large, oak door I see clothes everywhere. None of them being remotely concealing. Each one had a slit here or a plunge there, allowing the wearer to show as much skin as remotely possible yet still somehow covering enough skin to be considered proper.

    As I continue to stare at the vast expanse of dresses, I notice a patch of silver amongst heaps of red dresses. Shoving all Madisón's scraps of clothing aside, I reach my destination. Gingerly, I grab the masses of silver and take them into Madisón's bedroom. Looking back toward the closet, I see that Madisón is nowhere the eye can see, and gesture my hands towards the mess of clothes that covered every spot the eye can see. They quickly drift towards the closet, a couple of skirts whipping my face as they flew by, and hang themselves into their appropriate areas. 

    I gently set down what I could now see are three dresses made entirely out of spider silk. One dress made of spider silk is approximately sold for a minimum of 10 years of human life, but these were no ordinary dresses. They were full gowns, each one having a signature detail. Now, these could cost a century. Back in the day when vampires had human slaves, they would use 3-4 humans to purchase such dresses from witches. Now, these could sell for a fortune. So what business could Madisón have hanging these up where anyone could take them. Before I have enough time to analyze each dress, Madisón comes barging out of the closet, two dresses in hand.