Chapter 3

PENELOPE

Hillary Rayne Olivar-Hernandez. I searched the internet about Hillary Hernandez and I found a website that contains some of her personal information. The update of the information was some years ago but I guess it's still reliable.

I skipped the part of her age and birthday and looked for other informations. She's a Certified Public Accountant and she graduated as a Magna Cum Laude in a prestigious university in the country. She was trained to be a heiress since she was a child.

She was married to Darnell Hernandez and the website says that they still don't have a child. My forehead knotted and recalled the recent events when I encountered Darnell. Base sa tingin kong edad ng mga bata, pinanganak na sila bago pa maikasal si Darnell at Hillary. Wait, did they used the arranged marriage to cover up the fact that they had a child before they got engaged?

Ugh, so frustrating. I shouldn't bother myself with suck trivial things but I am getting curious on everything.

I just decided to close the web browser and shut down my laptop. I should stay incognito and stay away from them. Wala akong mapapala sa ginagawa ko.

"Pen, do you wanna grab lunch now?" Theo asked while he's wiping his sweat

I nodded at him and fixed my clothes. I was wearing a loose tank top and a sports bra underneath, I paired it with my usual black leggings and comfortable sneakers. It was a holiday, so I stayed in Theo's dance studio. He's a choreographer, or should I say well-known choreographer? He became an artistic director recently and takes care of the main production number in a TV station including concerts and some events.

Well, I think it's in our blood. The four of us can dance and that includes Tito Arthur and Kuya Riley.

"What do you want to eat? There's a Greek restaurant nearby, it's a walking distance. There's also a Mexican restaurant two blocks away from here." he suggested

"Let's go to that Greek restaurant. I'm craving for Souvlaki and Moussaka." excited na sabi ko sa kanya

My mind wander on Sunny, what is she doing right now? She might be asleep or she might be trying to walk all by herself again. She's so eager on learning how to walk recently and she looks like she enjoys it, especially when she gets a clap and a pat on the head from my cousins.

She's growing up quickly. I want her to stay as my baby forever but that's so selfish of me.

"Do you want to go with me?" Theo asked

"Go where?" takang tanong ko dahil hindi ko namalayan na kinakausap na pala niya ako kanina pa at hindi ako nakikinig

He sighed while shaking his head, "I have to attend a ball. Go with me and save me from the girls."

Tinaasan ko siya ng kilay at pinagkrus ko ang mga braso ko sa dibdib ko. He's obviously asking for a favor.

"What would I gain from it?" masungit na tanong ko

These cousins of mine always love to use me as a shield from those girls that's running after them. It's annoying to shoo a girl away and I kind of pity them.

"Well, it's a masquerade ball." he said while smirking

My eyes twinkled, it's a masquerade for godness' sake! I love masquerades! I love the mysteriousness and how elegant it is.

"I know you will love this part. There will be a dance in the ball and it's a waltz." he grinned like he already won the jackpot prize in the lottery

I almost squealed in delight. I jump in happiness and threw myself at him.

I love waltz!

"Count me in! Count me in!" excited na sabi ko habang tumatalon