Chapter 15

PENELOPE

We stroll around La Union the next day. We went to some of the famous beaches and we even watched the beautiful sunset. I took some photos of the beautiful sceneries, I'll paint some of the sunset photos that I took. At syempre, hindi rin namin pinalagpas ang magfood trip sa Urbiztondo. We originally planned to swim in the private pool and stroll around the resort but we changed our minds.

Well, it was great that we did actually. I found out that Darnell can surf and he looks really hot while surfing. He even took Sunny to surf with him and our daughter really enjoyed it. She keeps yelling "Again! Again!" He invited me too but I was too afraid. I can't swim, so I'm naturally afraid of those waves.

Darnell is naturally a bit tan but he became tanner now. And dang it, a hot papi!

"Gusto mo ng goto?" tanong sa akin ni Darnell habang sinasamyo ko ang lamig ng hangin

Pakiramdam ko nag-puso ang mga mata ko ng marining ko ang "goto" dahil ang tagal ko ng hindi nakakain ng pagkain na 'yon. Mabilis akong tumango sa kanya na parang bata na ikinatawa niya.

"Let's go. May malapit na gotohan daw dito at masarap daw." yakag niya sa akin pagkabuhat niya kay Sunny

He suddenly took my hand and held it. I don't feel awkward about it anymore. He's always holding my hand whenever he get the chance and I don't mind it at all. I actually like the warmth of his hand.

"Daddy, where?" inosenteng tanong sa kanya ng anak namin

"Kakain tayo ng goto, my Sunny." nakangiting sagot naman ni Darnell

Sunny tilted her head adorably and asked, "Goto?"

"Yes, masarap 'yon." tumatangong sabi muli ni Darnell

I chuckled when Sunny immitated him and nodded her head too. They looked really adorable together.

"Why are you laughing?" nagtataka pero natatawang tanong ni Darnell sa akin

"Wala, nakakatawa lang kayo. Mag-ama nga kayo." tunatawang sagot ko naman

"Of course!" he said proudly that made me laugh even more

The place isn't like the typical gotohan that you will find. It's a small restaurant with a cosy vibe and romantic ambiance. I just noticed that almost every restaurant or place that we've been to has a romantic ambiance. It made me think that La Union is actually a place for couples.

"What?" I suddenly asked when I saw Darnell staring at me and Sunny

He massaged his lower lip a bit with his index finger before laughing, "You both hate scallions?"

"It stinks." that was me while removing the scallions on my plate

"Stinks!" that was Sunny who spoke at the same time as me

He laughed again like he saw a hilarious scene. What? I don't really like scallions. I know I'm being a bad example to my daughter but it won't hurt if you dislike one particular vegetable. Almost every person in the planet has that one food that they can't eat or they don't like. Besides, I can eat everything except scallions. No offense to those who like it, I just don't really like it.

He helped me remove the scallions on my goto and he put all of it on his goto. I learned something about him again, he likes scallions.

"Anong gulay ang ayaw mo?" tanong ko sa kanya

I want to know more about him, his likes and his dislikes. I don't know some basic stuffs about him.

"Kalabasa." tipid na sagot niya habang busy sa pagsubo ng pagkain kay Sunny