An ordinary

You stretch as you get off of the couch. Time to go to school. You drag yourself into your bedroom and pull on your uniform. Thankfully Ryoutei Academy's dress code is pretty lax as long as you're wearing the actual uniform. You put on your special scarf and walk down the stairs. Your dad is waiting for you.

"Forgetting something?" he asks. You struggle to think of what you could be forgetting.

"... I love you?" you say.

"That's nice, but you're forgetting your glasses." he teases. He pushes them onto your face. "Have a good night, kiddo."

"You too Dad." You start up your bike and pull on your helmet. You zip up your jacket and zip down the streets on your motorcycle. It's so freeing. You're disappointed when you get to school. You walk around the gathering crowd and slip into the school.

"Same old stuff, huh, (Y/n)-kun." a voice says from next to you. Hayami Shin. His dad knows your mom through work. He's your best friend in this place. He's the reason you don't drop out and go to regular school. That and your circadian rhythm. You can't leave him to face this alone.

"Yeah, fawning over a bunch of spoiled vamps." you bite out. Shin's almost yellow-brown eyes widen as he scans the area. He breathes a sigh of relief. He punched your arm.

"You can't just say that here. They go to school here too. What if they heard?" he asks nervously.

"Heard what?" You know that voice. It's Ayato.

"How much of a crush (Y/n)-kun has on you!" Shin says and then books it. I'm so going to kill Shin!

"I could not be more repulsed by you. Get that idea out of your head." you say and walk towards your homeroom. Unfortunately, you share that class with Reiji. All of the girls claimed the seats around Reiji, forcing you to take a seat far away from the windows. You hate vampires with all of your being.

"... And remember, you have a group project coming up that'll be 40% of your final grade." your teacher drones on and on. School's out. You finally get home, collapse onto your bed and sleep.

Rinse and repeat. Nothing outstanding happens. It's just school. Then, you get assigned a partner for your group project.
It's
fucking
Sakamaki
Reiji
Kill me now. You jump out of your seat and slam down on the desk. "Fuck that bastard! Can't I work with someone else? Anyone else?" you plead.

"Sit back down! These are the partners you have to work with. Non-negotiable." your teacher replies. You die in that very seat. "Moving along, you will have to work with your partner to create a research paper on a supernatural creature or occurrence. You must provide the history and origins of it in at least 16,000 words. The due date will be determined by how hard I see you working. If you decide to slack off, it's due next week. I'm giving you the rest of class to decide your topic. No topics should be repeated. I'm not reading two papers on the same thing. You come to me with your topic and I'll tell you if you can do it or not."

Everyone shuffles over to their partners. You stare at your partner, but he makes no move to come over to you. You sigh. Spoiled vamp. And drag a chair over. "What topic d'you wanna do?"

"You don't have to force yourself. You made your feelings plain. I will work on the paper alone." it says. Oh no. Oh no no no no no no no no no. He doesn't get to do this. Put on a holier than thou facade so he can bitch about what a shit partner I am.

"It's a group project. I'm helping. Let's just decide on a topic before your presence makes me vomit." you state.

"I assure you, your help is unnecessary."

"And, I assure you, I'm gonna help."

"Why are you so adamant on doing something you previously stated you didn't want to do?"

"Why are you so against me helping?"

"I won't waste anymore breath on you." The way he says you makes you want to punch him. You push back your chair and approach your teacher.

"You both have to work on the paper or it's an automatic zero." your teacher says not looking up from the laptop on the desk. Another student approaches.

"Can we do yōkai?" she asks.

"Yeah." your teacher replies. "Yōkai was taken."your teacher announces to the class. Your teacher types away and you go back to him.

"We have to work together." you tell it.

"Why must you persist-! Fine. We're doing Dragons then." it says.

"What if I want to do Shinigami? They're easier to get information on." you reply.

"It's a group project, as you said before, we both must be satisfied with the topic." it says. It's mocking you.

"How about I satisfy your face with my fist?!?" you shout at him. You get up out of your set and pull your arm back.

"Sakamaki, (L/n), your topic is vampires." your teacher says. No! My topic can't be vampires. He'll know I know what he is. It seems to be having a similar thought process.

"I thought we could choose our topic." you plead.

"And I thought I would have a quiet class. We were both wrong." your teacher replies.

Why couldn't today be an ordinary day?!?