Is A Big

(A/n: This is a flashback chapter.)

(A/n: So I wasn't gonna post this until I had a non flashback chapter but I just wanted to let you all know that my demon slayer fanfic is up! Chapter one is a joke though. You can skip it and it would not change a thing.)

I can't believe Shin broke all the knives I gave him. And I can't give him any more because I can't get anymore because HS decided now was the best time to regulate weapons. "So here I am, in Bumfuck, MiddleOfNowheresville trying to find someone who'll sell a teenager knives with no questions!" you rant. "And it's cold as balls out here!" Not like anyone would hear me, I'm in the middle of nowhere!

"...why do you need knives?" a male voice asks. There was someone.

"None of your business." you reply. "What are you doing here anyway?"

"Buying knives."

"Where do you get them?" Probably doesn't have what I'm looking for, but it's worth a shot. He walks closer to you. "Haven't you heard of personal space? It's this novel invention. Almost as groundbreaking as the shovel." Sarcasm coats your every word.

"Why...do you need knives?"

"Reasons." As much as I want to tell this guy to piss off, he's my best shot at getting what I'm looking for. "You gonna take me th-?"

"Yes! Follow me." He grabs your arm and you yank it from his grip.

"I can follow without you grabbing me." you hiss. He continues walking without a word. Eventually, you come across a painfully normal building. He leads you to the back.

"Why do you need knives?" he asks slowly.

"To chop up bastards like you." you reply. He shudders in fear and absolutely nothing else.

"Follow me."

"The fuck else am I gonna do?" you mutter. You watch him push random bricks in the wall. The wall shudders before revealing an entryway. He grabs your hand and yanks you through. You fall into his chest. "Stop fucking grabbing me!" The entrance closes behind the both of you leaving you in total darkness. You pull out your phone and push up the the thumb of one of your gloves to turn on your phone's flashlight. This better be close, my battery's on 42 and it's fucking cold!

"It's...this way." He reaches for your arm but your glare stops him. You hear fire crackle and the rush of water but can't see anything. After a while, your phone dies.

"Shit." You squint into the darkness.

"...You need to hold my hand."

"Yeah, I know that." You grab his wrist to spite him. He drags you into ice cold water to spite you. "Fuck! Shit! C-c-cold!" You let go of him and flail for a few seconds. He grabs your arm and pulls you through the water as it laps at your chest. Eventually you both make it to dry land.

He breaks the silence with a "It's a little further." He leads you to a room lit by torchlight. There's a bored looking man sitting at the far end of the room. The dreadlocks you know he has are covered by a floppy witch's hat.

"Derrick?"

"(Y/n)?" the man in a witch hat responds.

"I thought you were in the USA."

"I can only fake my death so many times before someone catches on. This guy tried to kill me like five times." He holds up five fingers to emphasize his point.

"You know each other?" the other male in the room asks.

"I know a lot of people." is Derrick's response.

"Which is weird considering how many times you have to fake your death." you add.

"I actually think I'm good now actually."

"Really?" Last you checked, he was on the run from several different covens.

"Yeah. The witches I pissed off tried to put a curse on me with my dead name. Did not work well for them. They won't be chasing me anymore." he answers. "They were all like "Witch Dorathea Rowena Redleaf, you will rue the day...!" and then they died. It was hilarious!"

"Oh! I came here for a reason. You got any of those "special" knives?" you ask.

"Yeah!" he slams a pack down onto a counter. "That'll be 500,000 yen." When you hear the price, you choke.

After you stop coughing, you say, "We both know I don't have that fucking money on me."

"I could be persuaded to lower the price." he says innocently.

"If I'm doing what I think I am, I better get the knives for goddamn free."

"I'll get the bowl." he replies and vanishes behind some wall.

"What are you doing?" the one who lead you asks. I'll have to tell him so he doesn't freak out.

"I'm paying him in blood."

"I need blood freely given for most of my charms, hexes, and enchantments. For some reason (Y/n)'s is more potent anyone else's." Derrick says as he appears in the center of the room. You hold your bleeding arm over the bowl. You start to feel faint from blood loss.

"It's cause I'm the main character. That's why." you reply.

"Uh huh." Derrick replies after a while.

"It's true. In about two years from now, all the guys'll be fighting over me."

"Sure."

"I'll have a reverse harem."

"You say the dumbest things when you're low on blood...Why bother? You're not gonna remember any of this anyway."

"The author will probably make multiple endings."

"Does he normally...?"

"Don't worry about it. He'll pass out in three, two-."

You wake up dizzy and take an embarrassing amount of time figuring out where you are. You blink away the spots in your vision and sit up. Your head throbs in protest. "(Y/n), you're awake."

"I paid. Now gimme the knives."

"Drink this first." He shoves a potion bottle in your face. You uncork it. It smells like home. It reminds you of sipping hot chocolate on a cold rainy day and falling asleep on the couch next to your dad(not that it happens anymore, you're fifteen now). You drink it and it tastes like safety. "Taste good?" You nod. "If a potion taste like piss, you're not brewing it correctly." You empty the bottle. "Your boyfriend is waiting for you."

"My what?!"

"I said your friend is waiting for you."

"That's not what you said."

"But it is."

"It's really not."

"But that's what I said."

"You said-!" you start.

"What did I say?" he cuts you off. It's a trap.

"Whatever." You grab the bundle of knives and walk away into the main room. The other guy is standing there.

"I'll show you both out." Derrick leads the both of you to a tunnel. "This tunnel only allows you to go outside. You can't use it to get in." You start walking when Derrick adds, "Come back soon (Y/n)!"

The walk out is shorter than the walk in. You turn to your escort. "Thanks for showing me this..." You trail off waiting for him to supply a name.

"Mukami. Azusa Mukami." he supplies.

"(L/n) (Y/n). See you around."

(Flashback: Meeting Azusa: Complete!)

(Next Chapter will not be a flashback.)