Was

You silently dress yourself in your casual clothes. You slip on your special scarf and glasses and slip out of your house. You grab your bike and walk a few blocks before taking off.

When you reach the school, you stash your bike in some bushes and climb over the gates. You wait inside the room you asked to meet her. No one enters the hallway but her. When she walks in front of it, you open the door, yank her in and lock it. "My mom's a vampire hunter, my dad's retired and I'm training to become one." you say.

"Wow, what are the odds?" she remarks.

"Higher than you think. We're part of a secret society of hunters that's spread worldwide. They're the ones who made the D pills."

"D pills?"

"Deterrent Pills. They make blood taste bitter to vampires and if you take enough, your presence will physically sicken them."

"C-can I have some?"

"I already gave you one."

"W-when?"

"When you were passed out yesterday. It should last the rest of this month."

"You brought me to the nurse?"

"I couldn't just leave you there like he did."

"Thank you very much (L/n)-san."

"Why do you live with vampires anyway? You're not one of them."

"My father had to go overseas and couldn't take me with him."

"Didn't you have any friends to stay with?"

"I've never been good at making friends." You choke. This sweet beautiful girl doesn't have a single friend. Impossible. You've always been weak to cute things.

"I can be your friend." Stupid. She thinks I'm a freak now...She wouldn't be wrong.

"...Really!" She's millimeters away from hugging you.

"By the way,"

"Yes?"

"What's your name?" Her deadpan has you holding back your laughter.

"Komori Yui."

"(L/n) (Y/n)." You leave the school and speed off on your bike. You slip in the house and sleep a bit longer.

You wake up and rush towards the bathroom. You vomit for ten minutes before you can get up again. Your dad rubs your back and pulls your hair back. "You should've went off the pills earlier." he says.

"I just want to eat some warm cookies and wrap myself in a million blankets." you groan.

"Just remember to take painkillers before the hour's up for your-."

"I know!" you shout. He leaves and you swallow the small pills. Then, pain sets in. Shin gave you menstrual pills as a joke, but you might actually consider using them if the pain doesn't go away. You curl into a fetal position under your blankets.

"Drink this." It smells strongly of cinnamon, but when you drink it, there's cinnamon, coffee, chocolate, and creamy vanilla in one flavorful concoction. It warms you to the core and the pain isn't all encompassing any more. "Your mother takes the pills the same way you do." That explains it. Throughout the days that you're home, your dad pampers you. Then, it's back to school.

Shin and Komori-san are waiting for you at the gate when you pull up.

"(L/n)-san, where were you?"
"(Y/n)-kun, were the pills useful?"

"Komori-san, I was at home. Shin, I just used regular painkillers to get through it. You're not funny."

"I was so worried when you didn't show up!" Komori-san says.

"Yeah, Yui-chan was looking everywhere for you. Luckily, I overheard and protected her in your stead." Shin says boldly.

"Probably did a shitty job." you mutter.

"I did a great job! I also called Ayato a bitch for you."

"That was scary." Komori-san whimpers.

"It's a good thing we blamed you." Shin snickers.

"You did what?!?" you shriek.