A new

(A/n: Why doesn't anyone tell me when I make spelling mistakes?! I was rereading the last chapter to makes sure this one didn't contradict it and found so many of them!😭)

It's been a week since you started going to Seirei. Thankfully, you don't share a single class with Mukami or his annoying siblings. That doesn't stop Mukami from trying to meet up with you outside of class but it's easy to avoid him.

You realized why the blond looked so familiar halfway into the week. He's an idol. One so popular that you, who doesn't even listen to that genre, can recognize him. Aoyagi still hasn't told you why they're on the blonde's shitlist but they did tell you what their gender is after a few too many -kuns. They're nonbinary. Apparently, you've been referring to them with the right pronouns all along.

"Your assignment for this week is to complete an analysis of one of these short stories. The stories are: The Yellow Wallpaper by Charlotte Perkins Gilman, The Story of an Hour by Kate Chopin, Young Goodman Brown by Nathaniel Hawthorne, and The Lottery by Shirley Jackson. I expect no less than a page and a half."

"Those are English stories, Fujimoto-Sensei."

"You've already gone over Kirino-san's Out, Murata-san's The Clean Marriage, and all of the other Japanese stories. We've even went modern." She pauses for dramatic effect. "The time has come for me to test your English prowess. Since (L/n)-san is new, he can work with translated versions. You can work in groups of four at most." Everyone wants you to be in their group. You escape with three new phone numbers. You scroll through your messages. Why's Reiji texting me? Should I even text back? Why am I thinking about this?! He's that man's son!...he did help me find Lilith. It seems you are-No! I am not dealing with those feelings! A child produced between the two of you would be-Nonexistent because this isn't some omegaverse yaoi manga. I am capable of creating life without the messy flesh parts. Still not happening. I don't like him enough to see myself with him for the rest of my life. You could as the mortals say "smash and dash" That would-We are not talking about this. Fine. There is a wealth of suitors-Oh look, Aoyagi-san! I will continue to counsel you later.

"Hey (Y/n)! Let's eat lunch together!" they say.

"Roof? It rained this morning."

"It should be dry by now. I packed ham..." They pull you into the bathroom. "Sorry! That vampire had a really bad aura." A new vampire? That's a first blood, not a vampire. Fuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuck! What is troubling you? I took venom from a first blood. I didn't think he'd fucking hunt me down! It was just a little venom. He intends on obtaining you as a mate. Of fucking course he does. What is it about me that makes vampires down to fuck? I have fufilled my helpful quota for the allotted amount of time. So you know? She doesn't respond.

"(Y/n)?" Aoyagi asks.

"Huh?" you respond.

"You okay? You zoned out for a while."

"I'm fine. Is he gone?"

"Yeah but-." They don't get to finish because you fling open the bathroom door and realize why they said but.

"Move."

"(Y/n)..." Mukami starts.

"How many times do I have to tell you that we're fucking over?"

"(Y/n)-chan is mine now." Your entire body stiffens as an arm wraps around your waist.

"No. I'm not."

"You really wanna say that here in front of all these people?" he bares his fangs at you. He wouldn't...but I can't take that chance. I have to protect them.

"Let's find somewhere more private then." you reply.

"I know just the place." He looks entirely too smug about this. He lifts you by the waist and starts walking.

"I can walk on my own!" you snarl as you struggle to get down.

"But you're so cute when you think you can escape~" he replies. "You unable to defend yourself. The image makes me..." He shudders and you manage to get down.

"Are we gonna talk or are you gonna fantasize about what you and your left hand are gonna get up to later?" you ask trying not to show how nervous this situation makes you. I can tell you what-No! I don't want to be anywhere near-! You wake up in Aoyagi's arms.

"Wha-? What happened?" you ask. Why does my head hurt? If you didn't interrupt me, I would've warned you that he was about to attack you.

"That vampire knocked you out but Mukami, the one with Ao hair, he keeps following you, it's creepy, anyways, he distracted the bad vampire and I grabbed you and ran." they babble. He's concealing the truth. We agree on that at least.

"How long has it been?" you ask.

"An hour. I was about to call your emergency contacts." they hand your phone back to you and help you stand.

"Is he still around?" You're saying it aloud but the query is directed at the voice in your head. No.

"No. He said he'd be back though."

"I'm gonna head home while I can." you step towards them and put a hand on their shoulder. "Thanks." For saving me, you want to say but the words are stuck in your throat. You walk away and turn to give him an awkward wave before leaving.

Aoyagi Rin's POV

I wave back at (L/n)-san. I want to tell him the truth but I'm scared. I don't want him to treat me like the rest of the vampires. He's the only one who bothers with me nowadays. I don't want to lose him too. It's for the best that I don't tell him exactly how he was rescued.

An hour and some minutes ago...

How could (L/n)-san just go with that vampire?!? The dark miasma is so thick, I could cut it with a knife. (L/n)-san's aura is the opposite it's small and bright but it doesn't hurt to look at. Then, his aura is diminished to a dull glow. There are very few things that can do that to an aura and none of them are good. I speed walk towards their location.

The vampire tosses (L/n)-san over his shoulder. "H-hey!" I shout but still manage to speak in lowercase. The vampire prepares to jump but I tackle him. I catch (L/n) in midair and manage to land without breaking my ankles. I turn to run but suddenly (L/n) isn't in my arms. I turn back and see him held by the vampire again.

"Why do you insist on interfering? You could never hope to beat me." He looks at me like I'm the scum on the bottom of his shoe. I try to reach (L/n) but my fingers barely graze him before all I feel is pain. My back slams against the wall and I can't inhale or exhale. There's a pressure on your lungs.

"You...can't! I won't let you!" I yell and run at him again.

"Who says I need permission?"

"You-! You're a shitty person who doesn't deserve shit!" He grabs my face and applies pressure. I scramble to make him let go but nothing I do loosens his grip. It hurts. I start trying to bite his hand but he still doesn't let go.

"I really didn't want to give (Y/n) another reason to hate me...but some people just won't quit." Warm blood fills my mouth.

(Endnote: List of people who could potentially beat Karlheinz-
Komori Yui
Derrick the Mage
Aoyagi Rin
(L/n) Chisuke)