Unexpected

Adira's POV:

It's been two weeks since I approached Mustang about my desire to be a state alchemist. But today was the day, my test. I didn't know how he did it, but he did. I just had to prove myself. I walked into the testing chamber and made my way over to the three legged chair. I sat down with ease. I had my sunglasses on to hide my eyes.

"Adira Elric, I assume your brother is the Fullmetal Alchemist?" I heard a voice say

"He is." I answered turning my head slightly to indicate I was paying attention to the voice.

"I've heard many things about you from your brother. I have high expectations for you, Adira, don't let me down." He responded.

"I won't." And with that I rose knowing my test had begun. I made a metal rod out of the ground in front of me and slammed it against the ground, listening to the echo. I smiled.

"You know it's not very nice to try to sneak up on someone." I said turning blocking the blow. I kept up the fighting for a while till I finally used my alchemy. I clapped my hands and ran up touching the person on the head and stepped back. I heard them stumble backwards then ask

"What was I doing again?"

"You were leaving." I said calmly. With that the person left. I slammed my metal rod against the floor again to judge where I was. Then I heard running footsteps up to me, steady, breathing, but heart racing. I prepped myself to fight. I heard metal hit metal.

"Ed?" I asked pushing him back with my rod and sweeping his feet out from under him.

"You're getting better." I heard him laugh. Him and I continued to fight at one point he knocked my glasses off my face on accident revealing my grey, blind eyes. I heard many people gasp. The man who had been interviewing me began to clap.

"My, my, my. I would have never guessed you were blind. I can't deny to say that I'm impressed."

I laughed softly, I felt Ed put his hand on my shoulder,

"Of course she acts like a seeing person, she's an Elric after all." Ed laughed.

"Do you know your way to Roy Mustang's office?" The man asked.

"Indeed I do." I nodded.

"Well go back tomorrow morning to pick up your pocket watch and title."

I smiled, "Thank you, sir."

Ed ruffled my hair,  "C'mon Adira, let's get back and tell Al."

I nodded and grabbed up my glasses putting them back on, I waved over my shoulder as we walked out.

"Hey Ed?"

"Yeah?"

"Who was that guy we were talking to?"

"King Bradley."

"That was the Fuhrer?!" I exclaimed laughing a little.

"Yeps." He laughed. I laughed and shook my head. We headed back home and told Al the news, he was excited. The next morning I practically skipped to Central Command, I walked into the Mustang office smiling.

"What's she so cheery about?" I heard Havoc ask.

"If you must know I just passed my state alchemist exam, which means I can help Ed and Al AND just pased Ed up on being the youngest State alchemist."

"How old is he?"

"Twelve."

"And how old are you?"

"Ten."

"YOU'RE TEN?!"

"Yep! I'm a year younger than Alphonse so two years younger than Ed."

"Holy Crap." I laughed then walked into Mustang's office,

"Hello Colonel."

"Hello Adira. I'm assuming you are here to pick up your pocket watch and alchemist title."

"Mhmm." I nodded.

I felt him drop my pocket watch and my letter into my hand.

"You are now the Illusion Alchemist." Mustang said with a bit of a laugh. "Looks like he's still coming up with ironic names for you and your brother." 

I laughed softly, "Appears so." I waked out of Mustang's office grinning, I felt someone bump into me causing my glasses to fall off.

"Oh sorry Adira!" I heard Fuery say. When I looked up I heard everyone gasp.

"You're blind?!" I heard Havoc exclaim.

I sighed, "Yes, I am." I walked out the ironic name still ringing in my ears

The Illusion Alchemist.