Ch 3: Mist in the Unknown

Mao Mao opened his eyes to see a dark room. Realizing that he didn’t have the torch, he quickly covered his mouth.
‘As long as I don’t breathe in the mist, it won’t affect me.’ Quickly searching for a mist free room, Mao Mao ran his hand on the wall, looking for a possible hidden switch. Pressing down on a tile, Mao Mao quickly ran into the now open wall, only to find the broken mirror. He was running out of breath, he had to breathe.
“BADGERCLOPS!!!” Badgerclops turned to the sound.
“That must be Mao Mao. Oh god he must be in trouble.” Adorabat looked at Badgerclops, his worry showing on his face.
“Quick, he may have breathed in the mist.” Badgerclops started running through the temple, dodging holes as he ran. “MAO MAO!!!” Running down some stairs, Badgerclops came across an open part of a wall. Hearing sobs coming from the room inside, he ran into the room to find Mao Mao crying, surrounded by mist and on his knees.
“I’m sorry, I’m sorry. Please, no.”
“Mao Mao, it’s me, Badgerclops.” Badgerclops stepped closer to him, Mao Mao moving back in response.
“Please don’t, I’m sorry. Don’t.” Mao Mao’s eyes were purple, the mist breaking him.
“Dude.” Badgerclops placed his hand on Mao Mao’s shoulder. Mao Mao quickly pushed him away, his fear shown through his eyes. Mao Mao moved closer to the mirror, its broken shards glistening in the torch. Badgerclops looked down at the torch, and sighed. Quickly, he threw the torch at the mirror and picked up Mao Mao, the mist still not wearing off. Badgerclops ran out of the temple with Adorabat, Mao Mao trying his best to get out of Badgerclops’ grasp. As they ran away, the burning mirror shined, giving of a seemingly welcoming glow.

(303 words)