Ch 6: Unknown Beast

The group had just arrived in town, the citizens running from a bunny.
“Why would one of the sweetie pies do this.” Badgerclops looked down at Mao Mao, who just shrugged. The moment the bunny noticed them, it shapeshifted into Badgerclops.
“... Because that’s not a sweetie pie.” Mao Mao drew his sword, ready for a fight. The shapeshifter lunged towards Mao Mao, changing while in the air. When the two made contact, the shapeshifter had fully turned into Mao Mao.
“Okay, that’s creepy.” Badgerclops ran up to the two, only to be thrown back by the shapeshifter, it’s arm stretched out to stop him. “Ow.”
“Badgerclops! Adorabat, stay back. They may do the same thing to you.”
“But Mao Mao, you’ll get hurt.” Adorabat watched as the two fought, the shapeshifter slowly learning Mao Mao’s attacks.
“Don’t worry, I’ll be fine.” The shapeshifter smiled, something Mao Mao didn’t notice.
“Wow, I can’t believe you’re why I exist.”
“... What.” Mao Mao jumped back. The shapeshifter stopped fighting.
“You really don’t know? HA! When ever you break mirror in that stupid temple, a shapeshifter is born. They’re easiest form tends to be the most recent person that their mirror
affected.” The shapeshifter chuckled, stepping closer to Mao Mao. “And now I get to meet,” The shapeshifter grabbed Mao Mao by the cape. “And kill you.” Mao Mao quickly pulled away, scared of what this… creature would do.
“Why though? You could be a hero, why be a villain?” The shapeshifter grinned. It
quickly pulled Mao Mao to him, his neck in its grasp.
“The hero always needs a villain.” The shapeshifter’s arm changed into a sword, ready to plunge it into Mao Mao’s stomach.
“MAO MAO!!!” Badgerclops pulled his arm up, a ball of energy forming. The moment Badgerclops fired it, the shapeshifter quickly dodge, barely missing it.
“Well, it seems I’m not welcomed here. I’ll see you around, Mao Mao.” Quickly leaving, the shapeshifter disappeared behind the many houses of the village.
“... Oh god. This is going to be a disaster.” Mao Mao ran over to Badgerclops, checking if he was okay.
“Well, what do we even call that creature?”
“I think I know.” Adorabat flew up to the two, holding a sticky note left by the shapeshifter.
‘See you soon, Oam.’

(381 words)