Ch 4: Bonding and Growth

Mao Mao laid on the couch, sleeping after 12 hours of the mist controlling what he saw.
“Who would’ve known it’d last that long.” Badgerclops sat down next to Mao Mao, placing a cup of tea on the table. “I should probably ask him what he saw. He was actually crying. I… hopefully it’s not what I think it is.” Badgerclops looked up at the clock. 12:25. Adorabat was already in bed.
“Ugh… Badgerclops?” Badgerclops looked down at Mao Mao, who had just woken up.
“Hey Mao Mao, you doing good? You were pretty shaken up.”
“What do you- oh…” Mao Mao looked down at the couch. “Yeah, I guess.”
“... What did you see?”
“Just something that scared me, that’s all.” Badgerclops bit his lip.
“Mao Mao, you were crying and begging for me not to do… something.” Badgerclops
hesitantly placed a hand on Mao Mao’s shoulder, afraid of scaring him like before. “Please tell me.”
“... I…” Mao Mao looked down at his hands, trying his best to not make eye contact.
“You know how my dad is, right?”
“He ignored you for no reason. Which is just, why?” Mao Mao snickered, smiling. The smile quickly fell though.
“Let’s just say… he wasn’t the best when I was 14. I’m still surprised that I gained the courage to run away.” The two of them fell silent.
“... I’m sorry.”
“Wait, what do you mean? It’s not your fault and I probab-”
“Don’t you dare say that!” Badgerclops grab Mao Mao’s shoulders tightly. “You are an
amazing guy who will be a legend. Don’t ever believe you deserved something that bad.”
“... Wow,” Mao Mao chuckled. “I… really didn’t know you cared.”
“Mao Mao, I’ve always cared about you. I may not show it from time to time, but that
doesn’t mean that you aren’t my best friend. I need you, so does Adorabat. So of course we care, and of course, I care.” Badgerclops smiled at Mao Mao, a thoughtful look in his eyes.
“Thank you, Badgerclops.” Mao Mao hugged Badgerclops, surprising him. “Tell anyone, and I’ll kill you.” Badgerclops laughed, pulling Mao Mao in.
“I won’t.”
“AHHH, that was so CUTE!” Adorabat flew down to them, excited about what she saw.
“... I may have yelled too loud when you were about to say that.”
“YOU THINK?”

(386 word)

Demonic Heroes जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें