Chapter 13

This is definatey NOT the end, it's just five years later. 

NOT THE END.

_____________________________________________________________________________

      Coming back to school as this years' highschool football champions was rewarding all in its self. But there were no more practices, for the football season was over. I would still be coming back for the last year of highschool. 

        And I would still be here for college, because this is my home now.

        5 Years Later

       We'd dominated our highschool season again, winning everytime, but working even better as a team. I went to the college where I'd played football, and I also played again for the college while I was there, and I studied in engineering, marine biology, oceanography, wildlife biology, plantology, all of the -ologies and all of the -graphys, as well as a class in literature.  

        But I guess I didn't need that anymore for the time being. 

        Because I was offered something big.

        1 Month Earlier

        Studying. That's what I was doing at the time, just studying, for a biology test that was next week. I'd had about an hour before football practice started, so I'd thought that a little studying wouldn't do any harm. 

        When I'd went to football practice later that day, everyone wa out on the field already, stretching and warming-up. 

        We were about thirty or fourty minutes into practice when it'd happened. I was doing my drills of running across the field, when the coach looked over at the locker room suddenly, and then started walking towards it. When I looked, I didn't see anything, so I just figured he'd forgotten his whistle. 

        When he came back, he seemed all gitty and excited. When he came back, he acted as if nothing had happened, but I think me and the rest of the team knew that that wasn't the case. 

        When it was time to leave practice, the coach brought me over to where he had gone, into the boys' locker room. My face turned bright red. When we entered, someone with a camera, and then a dude with his baseball cap turned backwards came towards me, a long with a news-lady-looking person with a microphone. 

        "Hello, my name's John, I'm a coach for the Colts team, we were just wondering if you'd like to try out to be the first women to ever be on the NFL."

        I just stared at him.