Chapter 23

News of a girl winning it for the NFL spread drastically. News channels covered the story for several months. I was asked to interviews, talk shows, sports conventions, everything. As time went by, I keep forgetting that th Super Bowl had already happened, that we'd already won. 

        After the game I'd went up into the bleachers to find my friends and family, not caring about the people in the crowd that patted my back, congradulated me, or said 'hello'. Or course I replied to every single one of them, but I wanted to get to my family. 

        I'd searched for about five minutes before I saw them at the very top of the crowd. They were proud. The whole world was proud.

        The coach and the people on the sidelines had all ran onto the field, jumping, the whole bit. I'd also brought my family and friends down to the field with me, and cameras were everywhere. Flashing lights, video camers. 

        My friends from football kept messing around and jumping on top of me, trying to tackle me to the ground, but it was amusing that they couldn't.

        They never could.

        The trophy was handed to the quarterback who played the second half, and the whole team walked up to gold it as well. 

        This was a team effort. My whole life was a team effort. 

                That effort has paid off.

        I guess I'm going to have to deal with being called 'the new Peyton Manning' now. 

        After, I moved back to where I lived in Indiana with my family. I trained every day, I pranked my fellow friends every day, even though I was about to turn 25. I went to conventions, I met fans, I met fellow NFL people, and I got to take pictures with people. I swear I thought I saw Melanie and her friends with her Dad.

        And I still made time to practice for the next season on the Colts team. 

        I'm the girl who Ran the Miles. 

_____________________________________________________________________________

Should I extend, make a sequal, a book about someone who followed in her footsteps, I don't know.