Chapter 16

The first game wasn't until next week. Sense the first practice, my arms, legs, and abs have increased in muscular mass, I'm broader, and my endurance is more pronounced. As in 5-mile-runs-are-now-simple-jogs type of endurance. 

        I've grown to known my team mates, but unlike what I'm used to, they're less of a 'fun' group, and more like a 'serious' group. I'm not serious, but I am concentrated. 

        During our practices, we work on plays, signals, passes, goal kicks, and catching moving balls. I'm going to be the quarterback, and sometimes the one who runs to recieve and make touchdowns, as well as all of the goal kicks. I can run faster than the rest, my eye coordination for throwing to a receiver is above the rest, and my accuracy and power in kicking a field goal perfectly in the middle is above the rest.

        The coaches are more comanding and demanding in the NFL. They're not bad coaches, hell no, they're just more strict. I guess that's how they're supposed to be. 

        As the time goes by, I wouldn't say the stress builds, but the anxiety towards anticipation builds. I could suck, I could be just berable, I could be average, a little over average, or I could be great. Either way, the world will see how a girl plays in the NFL, and they will see how they can handle it. 

        Now I'm about to shit my pants.

        I look around me, and everyone is so calm, collected, and they're just practicing like a normal teams, besides the extreme physical work. They're just used to the pressure I figured. 

        Game day. The day of our first game. The game that will determine our beginning status. The status that will remind people of us as either the most terrible, or the best. The best is what we're striving for. For the win.

        The cool heat beats down on us, breezes blowing the grass. We'd came here on a bus to the stadium, all wearing our uniforms and helmets. Eberyone knows I'm a girl, but I don't think they know which one was me yet. 

        Looks like the coach does have a sense of humor.

        We're walking through the tunnel, all pumped, the light at the end just waiting for us, withholding the game in the light of day from the darkened tunnel. It was friggin' awesome.

        You could see all of the banners, the cheerleaders, the people in the crod wearing their team's colors, the people on the sidelines, the sun, and then you could hear the full extent of the peoples' enthusiasm. Pumping their signs and banners into the air, chanting their teams. 

        This was nothing like highschool football.

        We had just a short amount of time before the game would begin. We were doing some little last minute throws and runs, anxious for the game. 

        I think my parents said they would be waitching at home. I'd told them my number, one because they wouldn't stop asking, and two, because they wouldnt tell anyone else, I hoped.

        Then everyone started walking to the center of the field, setting up. I went to the quarterback position, reaqdy to recieve, and ready to throw. 

        The whistle blew, the game began.