Chapter 20

The New York Giants had won their game, and we're going against them. We were going against them for the Super Bowl. Soon, very soon. 

        The days ticked by with slowness. We practiced every day with scrimmage, drills, weights, running, throwing, catching, passing, tackling, moving targets. Anything that needed practice, even anything that was perfect but was still considered worth practicing, we worked every day till' we were pouring with sweat. And even then we still practiced. 

        We got breaks though with every hour or so, so none of us dropped dead. It was cold enough during the day for us to be able to cool off slightly when we stopped for a couple of minutes. 

        After practice, I either went to the gym, did an assignment for work, or I went hunting in the woods, with my camo gear, and by compact bow. My two favorite sports. Football, and archery. Where football is exhilerating, fast paced, and tense, archery is patience, quiet, and focus. 

        My mom had sent me an e-mail for the video she took of my cousin, priceless. 

        Our team was all over the news. Everyone was excited to whitness the next Super Bowl, and to see the first Super Bowl in history to have a girl playing in it. It was a huge deal. I've started being asked to go to motivational speaking with a few other women athletes, like from surfing, tennis, and baseball. 

        Like the ding-dong I am, I asked all of them that I met to sign my football that I brought everywhere. They did, and it was awesome. 

        I'd asked the coach if I could send football tickets to all of my friends, family, and old football team mates. Surprisingly, he'd said yes, but I don't think he knew how many people that actually was. 

        They'd all took a plane here, and were going to be in a hotel not far from the stadium. 

        The news channels had all reported that this season the stadium's tickets had sold out the fastest in football history. There would be a signing after the game for both of the teams and for all of the players that would go across the stadium. People would get to meet all of the players and ask us questions. 

        So many positive outcomes to an epic season of football. Nothing had gone wrong yet. Everything was perfect, which was why I was almost positive something was going to happen to mess it all up. 

        So I kept training. More and more every day. Probably more then I should've, but I had to be ready. 

        The game was in two days. 

        People were counting on me. 

        So many people. 

        I can't mess up now.