Chapter 2

The three managed to salvage a few things
Then finally left for Minerva's cottage.

"Severus you remember Rose?" Minerva smiles walking up behind her husband who was seated at his desk.
"How could I forget." He said as the memory of their first introduction came to mind.
She spilled her drink all down the front of him, then began to panic and mumble multiple apologise.

"Be nice." Minerva whispers in his ear as she places a kiss on his cheek.
The man grumbles turning his head, looking at his wife's lips.
"You can do better than that." Severus growls placing his hand on his wife's cheek and pulls her into a kiss.

Rose stood their awkwardly trying to look anywhere but the pair in front of her.
"Right I'll be off. Try to control yourselves in front of Rose." Bella smirks.
"Goodbye Bella." Minerva rolls her eyes.
"You're still here?" Severus looks to his childhood friend.
"Of course, I couldn't leave without a goodbye kiss from my witw Sevy." Bella grins walking towards the man.
"Sod off Trix." Severus growls though a smile could be seen on his lips.
"Oh Sevy that's not very nice." Bella pouts her lips.
"You're insufferable"
"But you love me." She giggles holding his head in attempt to kiss his cheek.
"Get off you swine." He chuckles as Bella manages to kiss his cheek.
"Gotcha."

Bellatrix walks towards Minerva and kisses her cheek.
"Take care, and if he gives you any trouble I'll sort him out ." Bella grins
Minerva rolls her eyes.
"Us Girl's have to stick together Mina, besides you're the best thing that's happened to him." She winks.
"You hear that big guy, you take care of her or I'll kick your arse."
Severus rolls his eyes though the grin on his lips was fairly obvious.
Minerva chuckles.

Bella walks over to the blonde woman.
"Rosie Rose, it looks like we'll be seeing a lot more of each other." Bella grins.
"Aren't I a lucky Bunny." She winks.
Rose's face turns as pink as the ends of her hair.
"I-ah-you-um...huh?" She mumbles blinking multiple times before looking to the floor.
Bella chuckles.
"You're cute. Bye bye Rosie." Bella smiles kissing the woman's cheek then left.

Rose began to fiddle nervously with her rings then quickly scurried out of the living room and into the Kitchen.

Severus and Minerva glance at one another.
"You saw that right?" Minerva whispers.
"The entire thing." Severus turns to his wife.
"I've, I've never seen her do that before. I mean I found it odd last night when she was being nice to her. Honestly I was expecting her to scare Rose and treat her like everyone else, but she didn't. She was actually nice. And then what I just witnessed, well I must say I'm quite confused." Minerva admitted.
"You're not alone Minnie dear, You're not alone."

***

The next day, Rose sat on the settee fiddling with her rings. She had no idea what to do. Usually she'd have her sketch book, but that went up in flames along with everything else, all the materials and the few dresses she had made. Recently she'd lost her inspiration, therefore she hadn't created any new styles, but still all her old designs were lost.
She'd always enjoyed drawing and coming up with dress ideas and different styles of clothes to dress her imaginary friends in as a child, and at the age of 12 decided she wanted to have a go for real, and that's what she's done ever since, up until the fire that is.

The door opens causing Rose to jump.
"Sorry Rosie." Bellatrix smiles closing the door behind her.
"Bellatrix?" Minerva calls from the kitchen.
"The one and only." Bellatrix responds, her head held proud.
"Tea?" Minerva smiles popping her head out from the kitchen.
"Would love a cup, thanks." The ravenette smiles.
"Snape at work?" Bellatrix asks taking off her cloak.
"Yes, and Albus offered to take my classes for the time being." Minerva answers.
"Ooo, good luck after that." Bellatrix chuckles knowing full well the woman will not be impressed by how lacks-a-daisy he'll be with the children.

Rose remained silent trying to look anywhere but at the woman before her. Bellatrix notices this and smirks, deliberately sitting beside Rose.
"So flower, tell me, how did you sleep last night?" Bellatrix turns her full attention to Rose who's eyes widen and breathing stops.
Bellatrix chuckles, tucking a strand of loose blonde curls behind her ear.
"Please breathe, I'd much rather you alive." Bellatrix lowers her voice almost a whisper.
Rose swallows cheeks turning pink, almost as pink as the tips of her hair.

"Oh, uh, um...on...on a bed?" Rose mumbles.
"Oh good, I'd hate to think you slept on the cold floor when you could of been wrapped up in a nice warm bed...with me." Bellatrix arches her brow, grin tugging at her lips.
Suddenly the older woman's mouth became very dry, and she could no longer think straight let alone form a sentence.
Bellatrix chuckles, placing her hand on the woman's leg.
"You're too cute Rose, it's just so easy." She chuckles tapping her leg.

"I hope you're not scaring my cousin Bellatrix?" Minerva quirks her brow.
"Me scare Rosie? Never." Bellatrix smiles reaching for her tea from Minerva.
Minerva watches the girl for a moment trying to figure out her intentions, did she actually like Rose? Or was she just pretending to like her and be nice because she was related to Minerva?

She's staring, her eyes are practically burning into my skin. Don't look, whatever you do don't look! You'll turn to stone if you look at her now! She's Like Medusa, (minus the head full of snakes and terrifying features) and I'm the foolish onlookers who can't help but look and in return turns into stone. Damn it Rose! Shit, shit, shit, her legs! there's a split in her dress and her legs are on show! Her soft pale long legs. Do not touch them! Normal people don't go around stroking other woman's legs!

"So Rosie, what would you usually be up to at this time of day?" Bellatrix smiles, leaning back slightly into the settee. Rose swallows, fiddling with her rings.

Oh sweet Jesus, she's talking to me! What did she say?! Shit what did she say?!!

"Oh, I Uh, ahh, huh?" Rose looks at Bellatrix with a confused expression on her face, and pink had made its way to her cheeks yet again.
Bellatrix smiles.
"I said what would you usually be up to at this time of day?"
"Oh, Uh, well, I..." right, words Rose using words would be a good start.
"I would, Uh, well...I'd p-probably be drawing in my, Uh my sketch book." Rose mutters her eyes flickering to Bellatrix's then instantly looking away. Bellatrix smiles adjusting her position to face the older woman, resting her arm on the back of the settee, her leg rising up onto the settee as she made herself more comfortable all the while oblivious to the generous amount off leg on show due to her current position.
"Oh? So you're like an artist then?" the ravennette said whilst unconsciously moving her hand to the woman's hair, twirling a strand around her index finger.
Rose blushes at the action, then her eyes flicker back to Bellatrix.
"I, I wouldn't go that far, I just, well I, I like to sketch..."

"She's a wonderful drawer, she'd be constantly drawing something when we were children. Usually flowers, or women in pretty little dresses, sometimes animals too." Minerva sips her tea.
"Oh really? Well in that case You must show me your drawing skills, I'm desperately eager to see what those talented hands of yours are capable of." Bellatrix winks at the woman who instantly began to blush for the thousandth time, her gaze once again falling to her rings.

"I'm not brilliant, I can draw, but, but I'm not brilliant." Rose mumbles.
"I'll be the judge of that." Bellatrix smiles.