45

Uraraka's POV

I wake up sore and in pain. But it no longer feels like pain. Just painful numbness.

My body shakes with cold and I weakly sit up. I wince at I feel the broken ribs and bruises adorning my skin. Yet, I feel something strange. A connection in a sort.
Almost as if I wasn't alone.

Bakugou's POV

When I wake up I sit up with a agonizing scream on pain as I clutch my ribs. The doctors flood in as I say, "WHAT HAVEN'T YOU GUYS BANDAGED MY FUCKING RIBS?! IT'S BROKEN!"

The doctor looks at me shocked as he gently activates his x-ray vision. "I didn't bandage it because nothing's broken. Not even a bruise or scrape."

I growl out, "Don't lie to me! It hurts like a bitch so it's broken or fractured or something!"

"It's not."

I groan in irritation as I wince with every move. "This didn't hurt like this yesterday!"

He sighs in frustration as he says, "I have no idea why you are in pain, there's nothing there. Not a bruise, scrape or break. You're completely recovered and healthy."

I gasp in shock as I connect the dots. "Sonic Boom injected me with something. Do you think it's possible that I'm feeling Ochako's pain right now?"

The doctor goes silent before saying softly, "Yes, but when something like pain is transferred... it's often alot weaker that how it feels to the original person..."

"And what the hell does that mean?!"

"That she's in extreme pain."

I shutter as I feel something cold stab into my arm. "She's...being tested on."

The doctor snaps his attention back on me as I point to my vein at the bend of my elbow.

"Right there?"

"Yeah."

He carefully touches the skin and asks softly, "Do you feel any faint pain here?" I nod as he does it a couple more times.

He sighs and shakes his head. "She's getting blood taken right now. Since you feel pain, it's happened so many times the skin is bruised from contact."

Todoroki's POV

It's been a couple weeks since she's been missing. I went all the way to a underground drug factory trying to figure out where and how that poison was made.

When I finally reached the factory I disguised myself as a gang leader. It wasn't that great at acting though so I had to be a bit extra with the disguise.

Of course, on the way out of the house I was stopped by my brother. He adjusted his suit and smirked.

"I know what I'm doing with this type of people. I used to be one, remember? They don't know I'm good so you need me."

I glare angrily considering it. Letting out a sigh I respond, "Fine."

He gives me a thumbs up and gestures for me to give him my keys. I sigh and toss him them in defeat as he hops into my driver's seat.

I climb into shotgun we speed off to find that drug factory. After days of searching and no sleep, the location that we had to go to was a grocery store.

We step out of our car and walk into the store with a cart. Dabi silently pushes the cart through the aisles grabbing some basic food items.

As I impatiently wait for him to have some type of signal with the cashier he continues unloading 10 boxes of poptarts, 3 boxes of instant drink mix powder, some instant ramen, and a bottle of tequila.

Once we check out, I tap him on the shoulder. "So what is this for?" He hushes me, looks around to check if anyone is listening...leans towards me...and whispers....

"I'm hungry and we're out of food at the house."

I groan and face palm making him snicker. "Don't EVER do that again."

He nods and tosses the bags into the trunk before starting the car. After we drive out of the parking lot he takes a left and drives down the street into a city. He drives the car in front of a club entrance and hands the keys to the valet.

We climb out of the car and Dabi sends a nod to the bouncer getting us in. I mostly hung back and looked serious.

Then we got inside and I was overwhelmed with loud obnoxious music pounding my eardrums so much I couldn't see straight. The multicolored light danced around the sweaty club reflecting off of anyone that was wearing any reflective.

The hum of conversation echoed through the room making the room seem smaller, suffocating me. Dabi fearlessly slipped through the crowds without even a glance back towards me.

I follow behind him the best I can with the crowds and the constant waves of people. Finally we both are led into a building underneath the club.

The constant hum of the bass vibrates the ceiling preventing people from ease dropping.

We are walked into a large room with plants of all kinds and a man sits at a table picking the petals off a dark red flower. He crushes the petals in his hand making a blood like paste.

He boils the paste turning it a clear color. He continues to add little things to it until it looks exactly like water.

He turns to me with his quirk aflame. (Wheeze)

"What do you two want?"

Dabi crosses his arms and opens his mouth to speak but I cut him off and say to the chemist, "Who recently bought that poison?"

Dabi facepalms and I stare at him waiting for a response.

"I don't go around tattling on people. I have to make a profit somehow you know. "

I reach into my pocket and pull out a stack of money. "Here. It's 2.8k." He stands up and tries to take the money so I pull it out of his reach.

"Nope. Answer my question first."

He clenches his jaw and his greedy eyes wander back to the stack of cash in my hand.

"Fine."

{Sorry for the lack of updates! I refuse to give you guys a half assed chapter so I had to wait until I got something good that will motivate me to update. So the cliffhangers are just to give me something to build on! Love y'all so much,your constant support keeps me going.}