Three

The crack in the midnight blue curtains lets a persistent beam of mid morning light shine through, and it hits Soonyoung straight in the eye as he attempts to fall asleep for five more minutes. He tries to block out the angry brightness but it's to no avail. Reluctantly, his eyes break open and his eyebrows furrow in a useless attempt to lessen the pain.

Birds chirp a melodic tune outside his window, perched on a cherry blossom tree that dances in the light breeze. Soonyoung sighs, relaxing.

A fist thuds into his door, startling him. There it goes again, harder this time.

"Get up you fucker! You're gonna be late for that bloody job of yours!" Nayoung.

"Ewyuoslesllshitundstrbm..." (props to anyone who understands that) Soonyoung groans loudly and flops back onto his pillow, staring at his ceiling above. There goes his peace.

His ceiling is painted like a galaxy from the far away countryside- with constellations speaking words that are thrown away in the city. Soonyoung painted it himself when he was younger, taking inspiration from a picture his mother had brought back for him. Said picture still sat on his bedside table in a delicate frame. He glances at it, a smile breaking out onto his face at his mother's happy smile in the corner of the photo.

It doesn't take him long to get dressed once he finally leaves the comforts of his bed. Maybe it's the chilly draught leering in the house or the fact that his 3 hour shift at the café begins in 25 minutes, but he's downstairs eating breakfast within ten.

"Morning bitch." He rolls his eyes at the voice that disrupts his tranquil croissant eating.

"Morning, fucker."

That's how the two have always been- sarcastic and deviating- but hidden somewhere in there is love. If you look hard. Like... Really hard.

———

Jihoon leans back against the lamppost, a sly grin etching across his rosy lips.

Yoon Jeonghan -a quiet but sassy boy with a heart of ice- perches on the arm of a bench opposite him.

"What're you smirking at?" He asks, his own trademark smirk making its appearance too.

Jihoon rolls his eyes, "Nothing. Where d'you think Junhui went?" Jun: long hair, alluring eyes, and obsessed with romance books.

"Bookshop." The younger nods and looks away into the distance, analysing the deep orange of the leaves and the deadened branches on the trees. People rushed by, wearing long wooden coats and scarves and boots- not dissimilar from Jihoon's current outfit, whereas Jeonghan wore a light blue hoodie and black jeans with Balenciaga trainers. Of course.

He motions to them, "Another competition prize?"

Jeonghan nods proudly, "Yeah, I thrashed everyone. Got some decent money for it and bought these babies." He flicks his long, silver hair behind his shoulder with glamour Jihoon only wishes he has.

"Hey guys!" The two of them look over to the voice. It belongs to a tall boy with his long hair swooped back into a messy bun and multiple earrings adorning each ear, carrying two books in a hand that wears a very flashy watch around its wrist.

The rest of Junhui's outfit is as equally as impressive: a Gucci jacket, designer jeans and yet again, the fancy Balenciaga shoes not unlike Jeonghan's. Jihoon pouts as he walks over.

"Damn why does everyone have such nice clothes and I'm stuck with my £3 shoes from Primark," he whines, kicking the leaves around him into a flurry of fire.

Jeonghan remains silent, looking lost in his own head whereas Junhui chuckles and ruffles the shorter's hair. "I'll buy you some."

Jihoon's neck cricks from how fast he looks up, "Really?"

"Nah." Junhui laughs at his hurt expression but immediately feels bad; seeing Jihoon upset physically hurt. He tries to redeem himself with a hug.

He felt a hand pummel his back and he winced. For a 5'6" guy with noodle arms, Jihoon is pretty strong.

"Bitch, just because you're a model doesn't mean you can fucking flex on me like that." Junhui pulls away, reaching over to rub his aching back.

"Sorry." He apologises, casting his eyes to the ground and shuffling his feet. Despite his tendency to be savvy and mean, Jun hates nothing more than the feeling of knowing he's hurt someone. It's one of his weaknesses, you could say.

The three of them stand awkwardly for a minute, Jihoon and Jun not knowing what to say to lighten the mood and Jeonghan quite happy in the silence but finally Jihoon randomly breaks into a laugh. It starts as a snigger, then grows into a full on laugh.

"Uh, okay Hoon that's creepy as fuck," Jun grins, "What's so funny?"

Jeonghan messes with his hood, drawing it over his head and straightens up, watching Jihoon.

The boy shakes, trying to hold back his giggles, "Um... N-Nothing. I just remembered something, that's all."

He pauses, "Oh wait! I need help. I can't decide whether a bitch needs killing."

Junhui steps forward, "Depends, what'd they do?"

"Hoseok cheated again."

Jeonghan looks outraged, "The shit didn't! Why would he do that to Yoongi? If you don't fucking kill him then I will!" He turned and started storming off, but not before Jihoon and Jun run and drag him back.
"Jeonghan wait."

"Nope, nope Jeonghan. I said I haven't decided yet. I know Yoongi's your friend too but that doesn't mean you can kill Hoseok." Jihoon grimaces against Jeonghan's strength.

The elder puffs, crossing his arms. "Fine, but next time you can't stop me." He drops back down to the bench. "Okay, what happened?"

Jihoon furiously begins to explain, feeling his heart beat faster as he carries on the story. He starts from when he walked in the door and found the empty alcohol bottles, at which both of his friends eyes widen. He retells Yoongi's view and Jeonghan's hands clench into fists.

Strangers stroll past, unaware to the fuming rage shared between the three teenagers as Jihoon finishes his anecdote.

"So yeah, I need to find him and mentally murder him!" The small boy flings his arm back with vigorous enthusiasm, but feels it connect with something that makes a noise like a strangled cry. Jihoon's face drops and he whirls around to see a boy around his age, holding the back of his hand to his nose.

"Oh my god! I'm so sorry, are you okay?" He fusses, running over to him. The stranger pulls his hand from his face and glances at it, sniffing a couple of times before facing a concerned Jihoon.

"Can you watch it? God, I've already been having a shit day."

What's this dude's problem? Jihoon thinks, already disliking the boy's negative aura. He's pretty attractive, Jihoon admits that, but repulsed by the crappy attitude. Saying that, he can't help his snarky response.

"Maybe if you watched where you were going. You wouldn't have gotten hit."

The boy also has black hair, and is wearing a crisp white shirt with a black turtleneck underneath and black trousers. He scoffs and gives Jihoon a dirty glare- which he returns -and storms off.

"What a dick." Jun says from behind him, with a noise of agreement from Jeonghan.

Jihoon hesitated, slightly intrigued by the stranger.

He turns back and starts walking in the opposite direction down the street with his two friends in tow.

"Yeah. God knows I hope I never have to see him again."