Twelve

"Jihoon, how many times do I have to tell you, fucking sleep."

"I can't, hyung, the song is due in 6 hours. If I miss it, I'm dead."

Time: 2am

Has Jihoon slept? No.

"Exactly. The song is fine. That's seven and a half hours for you to get some rest."

"Wow, I didn't know you could do maths," Jihoon's face is lit up by the damaging blue light from his monitor, surrounded by his room of darkness.

Yoongi had only gone to get a drink, but instead finds himself trying to convince his younger brother to sleep.

"Bitch, do as I say."

Jihoon sighs dejectedly, he always ends up giving in eventually. "Alright. Seven hours. No more."

He flicks through his phone to set the alarm and hesitates before shutting down his computer.

Yoongi watches him from the doorway, making sure he turns everything off before he falls onto his bed, wrapping himself up like a burrito in his sheets.

"Right, now you stay there till the morning."

He hears a scoff, "God... I'm not a dog, Yoongi."

Yoongi chuckles lightly, "Night."

"Night."

———

Flashing lights, whirring past. Deafening beeps surrounding them and a scream. So long, so anguished, so painful.

Silence, then came the sirens.

"Jihoon!"

He gasps, staring at the person with wide eyes. He lifts his shaking hands and feels them engulfed in a larger pair.

He gulps back tears and croaks, "H-hyung..."

He's pulled up further to sit up and feels arms wrapped softly around him. They rock back and forth, the older whispering comforting words in his ear.

"Shh, it's okay... it's over, nothing can hurt you.." Jihoon sobs, trembling under Yoongi's grasp.

The room around him is dark. The only light comes from the dotted red and blue specks surrounding his computer.

"Wait- wha... what time is it?" He shudders, suddenly cold.

"I don't know, you woke me up."

Guilt floods through him and he casts his eyes down, "Sorry,"

Yoongi hugs him tighter, "Hey, it's ok. I don't mind."

"Are you okay now?"

Jihoon sniffles a bit before nodding, his nose red like a strawberry, "Yeah, I'll be okay. Thanks hyung, I love you."

Yoongi can feel his heart warming. It's very rare that Jihoon says things like that, even to him. A smile graces his face, and he replies in a hushed whisper as soft as a feather, "I love you too." And he leaves.

Jihoon yawns, his back arching up off of the bed like a cat. Well, any more sleep is nonexistent now. He scrunches his eyes shut and grabs his phone, unlocking it before he looks back at it.

The red circle above his emails app pulses like an alarm, so he fights the urge to go back to sleep and clicks on it.

He sighs, rolling his neck whilst it loads. From the sweet sunlight cracking through the curtains, he decides it can't be too early in the morning.