down hill

I wondered when my death sentence would have ended, no cause honestly this what it felt like. I came home sore, as usual.  To a black car with tinted black windows, parked in front the building. "Um. okay?" I wasn't in the mood to give a shit. I just went in when the lobby lights flickerd then went pitch black. "Great, guess the powers out" I murmured just fucking great like I really do need the stairs right now. "Ugh, jesus."  I said a little bit more loudly than I should. I  started walking when I heard the door open and a sound like gas being released. Is that a some bomb ?

Nope, uh uh, I'm not those dumb people in the movies up the stairs. Im not going back there. Maybe it's the  other team trying to play a prank. I quickend my pase when the smoke alarms went off ,one more flight and I'm safe. I heard the faint sound of somthing being dragged across the carpet. what the hell ? This is getting scarier and scarier, now I'm running up the stairs I can hear foot steps like they were running towards me. Is this a movie set I was unaware about?  am I  in one of those TV shows what would you  do?

Cause I can tell you, I've never felt better after an intense training than right now, ready to bolt out of there, no kind of pain in my legs not an ounce. I was even flying up the stairs two at a time, I thumbled in my pockets for the keys.

"Where the hell did I drop them?" I pat myself down like I was being searched for drugs. They must be closer by now I could hear them closing distance.  "Fudge why the hell are the generators not working !" I whisper yelled.  Running to  miss mary's apartment,  it was locked. "Course." remembering her asking my grandmother to watch her apartment beacuse shes by her son for sometime.

Maybe if I pass through the emergency exist the alarm would scare them. I tried to make it running as fast as I could to try reaching the end of the hall. Until I heard shots and my pase faltered. This has to be a nightmare, I thought  as I duck trying to reach the escape. I was slowing  down, my left leg was numb what in the name of all that is holy is going on.  My hands was on the door when I heard another set of shots, this time in closer range and my arm went cold. My lower back was on fire is this really happening ? My leg felt like it was about to give out. I was hidden inbetween the railing and stairs the only you can see me is if you come back up.

I stood there for god knows how long. When I woke up there were things connected to me. On my right my grand mother was crying the police asking her questions. Above me there were doctors and nurses saying words I'm sure is not part of the english vocabulary. I just felt like I was freezing. "I'm cold" I try to say feel like I'm being driven around, the words were not coming out and I was very confused.

"Just stay calm hun." I heard a calming voice say while trying to sit up among all that koaos. "Don't worry you'll be fine. Go back to sleep." Her face popped above mine, she was pretty and her smile was warm. She started getting blurry and a wave of tiredness over took me, So I did just that and dosed off. When I woke up again it was morning and my grand mother was praying.

" Oh so it's not a dream." Her head shot up.

"How are you feeling?"  tears streaming her face.

"Why are you crying ? why am I here ?"  I saw my foot in the air while taking a look around and my back and arm were bandaged I felt trying to ich my shoulder and rub the soreness in my back. When did I break my leg and hurt my back ? Last night was kinda vivid yet hazy in my mind. Remembering  it's  Tuesday morning I have practice why am I here? It's only minor injuries. I tried to get up and  never saw my ma get up so speedily. "Mi amor please just take it easy, what do you need ? what's wrong ?"

My chest started to burn a little as I spoke." I need to get out of here." I said still trying to get up and  felt a whack behind my head.

"Don't be stupid, look at yourself ! where can you go in the state?"

"Why am I in this state ?" Her long grey and black eyelashes looked down to her twiddling thumbs.

" Apparently some gang members came to look for someone and you got caught in the cross fire. Everyone was alseep they took someone but we don't  know who as yet. Police are carring out investigations and they want to speak to you when possible.  They shot you twice in your left leg and once in your back your bag had another two, one went through your shoulder while another was loged in the same shoulder. So they did surgery to remove it and close the hole. When they found you, you were out cold and  lost alot of blood, they were suprised woke up during the rush to take you to surgery. I have no idea how I slept through all that,  I'm so sorry mi amore." She said holding my hand and rubbing my head. "I love you so much quero." She said holding my ghostly pale hand to her face. I was shocked to see I was almost same colour with the walls. 

"The game that opens the season was a month away I can be healed then right ?  I knowingly asked when the same nurse from before came in she had a warm sympathetic smile.

" I'm sorry to interrupt I met your coach in the lobby and told him about your injuries, you must be his star player he was quite distrot."

"So I wont be healed by then?"

"Your back  depending on how fast your body heals will only need at least  three months because it's a deep graze." my face looked hopefull and that's if you're a fast healer for your most minor injury which is your back your leg unfortunately the bullet snaped your femer in two and second bullet to your leg went through your calf and shaterd your knee cap. Your shoulder has two holes and also a shattered clavicle so an estimate of maybe 10 months to a year. My mouth felt dry, her face had a sympathetic look I hated.  I was just so furious I could scream, I wanted to hit something.  I could never forgive that person I thought. I didnt want to see anything or anyone right now, I just stared at the ceiling while tears rolled from my eyes.