{三} damn good liar

Everyone stood in the gym, Touko was seated on the floor, leaning against the stage, hyperventilating, with her hands tangled in the scalp of her hair, her fear was rooted in more than just a killer being among them, her biggest fear was that she's the killer and just didn't know it. 

Byakuya saw this obtuse behavior but pretended not to, unwilling to admit he cared by a longshot. Togami played it safe and looked in a different direction.

Yasuhiro paced from wall to wall, Celeste kept a nail in her mouth, not bold enough to chew at it. Kiyotaka tried to stay calm and take control of the situation, Mondo Owada bounced as he impatiently walked in circles behind him. 

Kyoko stood calm, patient. Leon was a bit too calm for everyone's liking, and Hifumi was... doing whatever the hell he thought he was doing. Junko's hands rested on her hips, clearly more pissed than scared. She looked down at Makoto, seeing him stir. "He's waking up!" she alerted. 

Byakuya turned his head to meet the gaze of a tap to his shoulder. "M-may I p-please s-s-speak to y-you..?" He gestured for her to keep going. "A-Alone..?" She added. Byakuya sighed. "Go outside and i'll meet you in fifteen minutes. 

- - - - 

    Togami looked at Touko, sighing impatiently. "I... I'm afraid..." he scoffed. "Sure." he looked off to the side. "N-No! really, w-what if.." Fukawa looked around for good measure "s-she did it..?" Tears formed in her eyes, fearful. laced with anxiety. Byakuya sighed deeply.

"heh." he pushed his glasses up. "Typical. If she's the killer, then riddle me this; how did Sayaka die?" Touko sniffled, wiping her face. "S-she was s-stabbed in t-the stomach..." Byakuya smirked, calming the female's nerves. 

"Exactly. As stupid as you are, piece this together for me: why would Syo decide to resort to a killing method besides scissors and suspension?" Touko gulped and looked down, shrugging.

"she even makes you carry her scissors." Byakuya reminded, putting his hands on her thighs, where the guarders sat, flustering touko, confusing Togami.

"We done here?" Togami asked, his high and mightiness kicking back in

-----

The air of the class trial weighed heavily on all thirteen class 78 students,  each as uneven as the other. With all that said they and done they gathered themselves and searched the new second floor, Nothing really peaked anyone's interest, aside from the pool, which everyone assumed Aoi'd never leave as though she were hanging to her child in the middle of a city fare.

    Byakuya spent some time in the library, occasionally bothered by Makoto or Touko, whom of which he'd always shoo away, reminding her that if the others saw them together they'd get funky ideas, and with the way she talked about him, he couldn't blame them.

Yasuhiro and Celeste were thriving but something seemed strange about the way Hiro would avoid her gaze or he'd get all flustered when she'd come over to his room or ask him to play a hand of cards with her in the classrooms. 

Celeste sat across from Yasuhiro, they had pushed two desks together to make a big enough table to play uno on. It always drove Yasuhiro nuts when she changed the color or made him draw in the end despite stacking for 10 draw cards straight.

But today was weird. Hagakure still failed to look his friend in the eye, she had initially just chalked it up as the shock of Leon and Sayaka's deaths but he didn't seem to maintain this quirky behavior around the other students/participants.

   Celeste put her cards down firmly, but face down, making Yasuhiro jump. "Woah! why the sudden hostility?" Hiro asked trying to relax again. "What the hell is going on with you?" he pretended not to be bothered and scratched the back of his neck (giving himself away). "N-Nothin'! I'm just a little on edge."

"You're a terrible liar." Celeste said plainly, leaning forward. "I... It's really nothing, you wouldn't get it anyway! Just lay off, cool?" he insisted. She didn't know why but there was something wrong with that lie, she leaned back,sighing and picking her hand back up, playing her next card. "What are you gonna do when you get out of here?" she asked trying to re-break the ice.

Hiro shrugged. "Prolly go fortune telling again, that makes good money." he played his card. "Oh?  How much?" she asked putting a draw two down. Hiro didn't fight it and just drew.

 "Eh about a thousand for two hours. That damn crystal ball took about a years worth of fortune telling to get it... and I still only had exactly the million dollars." 

Somebody's got a new target.

"Oh, so you're pretty expensive, huh?" She asked placing down a wild. "Blue." she added. 

  Hagakure shrugged. "I have a ton of money saved up and stuff, I guess you could say i'm kinda loaded." he stacked four 3's changing the color to green. "Uno." he said, waving the card. 

Celeste placed a draw 2 down, making yasuhiro sigh and draw the two. "Well, I should get back to my room, you can keep the cards on you until tomorrow if you wanna hang out again." he said, putting his three cards down, dejected.

Celeste put a hand on Yasuhiro's, making him freeze up, butterflies running through him. "Hiro... I wanted to tell you something but I didn't know how..." She averted the male's eyes.

 "F-For serious?" Hagakure tried to meet her calm demeanor but failed as she softly brushed his hand with her thumb. "I... I'm.. In love with you." she finally looked at him, she knew she was a damn good liar but being naive as Yasuhiro helped.

"I-Uh-I guess I feel the same way." He cleared his throat and glared down at the table. "So, where do we go from here?" she asked, feeling Yasuhiro his hand underneath hers, holding it. 

"We could... date or... s-something" He suggested, stuttering and stumbling over his words on accident. Celeste smiled "Sure"