"Don't you look awful"

Blank Space~ Taylor Swift

Asena's POV

Sitting next to Genevieve my eyes don't leave her as she studies the spell which my mother used to make daylight rings. With my twin standing behind her, anxious.

"Your mother's spell is complicated as it is elegant" Genevieve says dreamily as her fingers brush over the cold paper. "She was a very gifted witch" I shoot up and snatch the page from her hands and hand hold it out to Niklaus who immediately takes it.

"Is this the bit here?" Niklaus asks pointing to writing only for Genevieve to rip it from his grasp yet again.

"Hey" she says offended which causes me to chuckle. "Like I said it's complicated, she bound protection magic to black high night stones" she smiles while still looking down at the spell on the paper. "A werewolf with the stones won't be able to turn on a full moon" I roll my eyes and nod in boredom.

"Then what off the improvements?" I ask and lean a little closer to stare at the page, trying to understand my mother's writing.

"This spell will enhance speed, strength and agility" she says and neatly places the pages on top of of each other in a perfect pile.

"There should be something in there about fangs, because it's wat she used on us when she turned us into vampires" my brother spits out bitterly. I raise my eyebrow at him but don't say anything.

"Not just fangs" Genevieve says. "You said you wanted venom" I stare confused at my brother. "So the bite is still lethal to vampires" I huff and stare up at him with a tired expression.

"Here" she says still gazing in a dream state at the pages. "This should make a nice gift, I'm sure Hayley will be thrilled" I roll my eyes at the resentment in her voice and stand up to stand beside brother.

"Not just Hayley" I say and she looks up at me in confusion. "You'll be making quite a few of these sweetheart" I say with a smirking tone but my face stays cold and hard.

"Let's call it an even hundred" Genevieve huff out asy twin explains the majority of werewolves who want that ring. "That's not the deal I made with Elijah" she hisses and turns to glare at my twin.

"You're dealing with me now" he says darkly and walks to the other side of her chair. I move put if the way and lean against the wall. "And I am offering considerable more" he whispers on her ear, his voice still dark.

"You think because I sleep with you that I'm suddenly at your beckon call" Genevieve accuses.

"Because you sleep with me love, I will protect you from those who might do you harm" I snort softly and roll my eyes. Niklaus glares at me but quickly looks back at Genevieve. "Including my brother and twin sister, because I need you however, I'm prepared to give you something more valuable than my protection"

I push myself off of the wall and slowly stalk closer. My eyes narrowed at my twin and my arms crossed over chest. This can't be good.

"Which is what?" Genevieve whiskers mockingly at him.

"My mother's grimoire" she whiskers and my eyes widen.

"Niklaus!" I shout and his head whips up, giving me an annoyed look. He slowly stands up and stalks towards me, trying to intimidate me but I only glare at him.

"Asena if she makes the rings them the werewolves will be free of their curse" he sneers at me. I growl and grab his shirt collar and very quickly flash towards a wall and pin him by his throat against it.

"Yes and what of is she suddenly turns against us" I say. "Then she would be able to destroy us just our mother wanted to" I say and slam him against the wall.