Chapter 1

~ Danielle ~

I was sitting in front of my mirror whilst I was doing my makeup. Or, I was making the final touches to it, before I had to get dressed.

It was late afternoon. In about an hour it would be time for me to leave the apartment.

Tonight was a big night – my big night - since the fifth season of Outlander had its premiere. I have had the honors of playing a supporting role in the upcoming season, and even though it wasn't a major role it was enough to hopefully kickstart my acting career.

It was through all the small parts that the bigger parts would grow.

I had been acting for many years in both theaters and commercials. However, it was something else when it came to television. Something bigger.

This wasn't my first premiere. I had been to a red carpet event before due to the fact that my dad was a famous actor. My sister and I had rich opportunity to follow him to events through our childhood. Tonight wasn't particularly different but it had its own value.

"What dress should I be wearing tonight?" I asked Christina.

She was laying on my bed with her phone in her hand.

I had handpicked three different dresses which I had displayed on some hangers in front of my wardrobe.

I hadn't decided on a dress yet.

She looked at the dresses before she made a speculative sound. I was pretty sure that she did not care at all about which dress I was wearing. She wasn't fascinated about the red carpet and everything that had to do with it.

"Uhm..."

"The middle one is pretty." She said.

It was a black lace dress.

"I was also considering it."

"It would look good on you." She commented with a nod. I could sense her smile at me, before she looked down into her phone once again.

Christina was my best friend – given that we were twins – but we were also really close even though our personalities were really different.

"Thanks, I hope so." I smiled, whilst I was doing the final stroke of my eyeliner.

"It will."

"I'm sure it will match your eyes." She said, but she didn't look up from her phone.

"Sounds sincere." I commented sarcastically but I couldn't help but smile.

I stood up from my spot before the mirror so I could reach out for the dress.

"I mean it." She said as she looked up.

"But you know that I'm not an expert around this. I usually always wear the same clothes."

"You're doing the environment a favor." I said to her with a wink.

I looked myself in the mirror before I checked the clock.

The limo would be here at 7.

"What are you doing tonight?" I asked her.

"I am going to the movies with dad." She said whilst yawning.

"He wants to see that... New Spiderman movie."

"Great." I said with a little laugh.

"Say hi to him for me, okay?"

"I will." She looked up at me.

"Are you going to meet up with any of your colleagues when you get there?"

I nodded a bit.

"Yeah. I will meet up with Sophie."

Sophie was one of the leads of the series but she was closer to my own age and we had more in common.

"Ah."

"I have no idea who that is." She shrug her shoulders. Sometimes I wondered if she lived under a rock.

"One should think that you have not watched the show at all." I smiled.

"I ... haven't seen that much, no." She admitted.

"There's not enough time for it."

I smiled at her.

"You should be going out some more, sweetie." I said before checking my phone.

"I have to leave soon."

I could feel the butterflies in my stomach because I was looking so much forward to this.

"Me too." She pulled herself off of my bed.

"You look lovely – all the boys are going to go crazy for you." She winked at me.

"It's a premiere not speed dating." I sad teasingly.

But... I had to admit, that there was this guy whom I was thinking about a little more than anyone else.
"What do I know – have fun at least!" She smiled.

"And just in case that you are dragging some boy back home to the apartment – I am going to spend the night at dad's house." She laughed.

I just rolled my eyes at her.

I was not going to drag just anybody home with me. I was not like that.

The only thing I could be thinking right now was the idea of seeing my colleagues again. One colleague in particular. Sam Heughan.