Chapter 3

~ Danielle ~

There was a lot of noise and fuss around me but I had learned to shut it out. The spotlight around this series was not something for me to profit from. I somehow felt like a guest among the real stars and leads of the series. After I arrived at the red carpet I met up with Sophie Skelton as we had agreed upon.

We had our pictures taken and the premiere went as planned. The first episode was shown on a massive screen which was followed up by a party.

"Sophie!" I smiled at her, at I pulled at her arm.

"Where are you going?"

She was about to leave my company but she didn't say why.

We had had a few too many drinks already. The whole evening went by so fast.

"Mingling!" She said as she smiled at me.

"We can't just stand here the entire evening now, can we?" She somehow made it sound so obvious.

"But.. We are already mingling?" I said uncomprehendingly.

I wasn't under the impression that we had been antisocial – I just didn't know what I was going to socialize with the major stars about.

"We've been standing here by this table for at least half an hour. You don't get new friends by doing that, Dani." She said with a shrug.

"Besides, isn't it about time for you to speak to Sam?"

"About what?"

I could feel a nervous tension by thinking about it.

"I don't think he has anything to talk to me about." I frowned.

"Don't say that."

"Why shouldn't he have anything to talk to you about?" Sophie knew that I had some kind of a crush on him. She had figured it out during our time on set.

"I have barely spoken two words with him!" I said.

Sophie had been acting with him for a long time – she knew him way better than I did.

"Well... Should I introduce you to a conversation with him?" She asked me with a raised brow.

"God no."

It would be too obvious what my intentions were if she tried to meddle.

"He doesn't bite, you know." She said as she rolled her eyes.

"Everybody is speaking with each other tonight – use that to your advantage!"

I sighed.

"Fine, but don't be embarrassing." I said to her with a serious tone.

She took my hand so she could lead me through the crowd. I followed her around as I looked around in an attempt to get an overview.

My heart was beating hard. I was so nervous.

"Relax." She said to me.

"I can feel your hand sweating." She pulled me towards the bar.

I could see him there.

Sam.

I pulled my hand back.

"It's only because it's a million degrees in here." I lied.

Sam was so pretty and I didn't know what I should say to him.

"Bullshit." She said.

We were close to him now. He was standing right there in front of me. I shushed her. She shouldn't be saying stuff like that when there was a possibility for him to hear it.