Chapter 7

~ Danielle ~

I was supposed to sleep longer than I did. My sister woke me up by asking why there was a shirtless man sleeping on our couch. I had a headache. No doubt I had a hangover. Of what I remembered I drank too much wine. And champagne.

It was around nine in the morning when I came to the realization that I couldn't sleep any longer. I had to get some painkillers. However, Sam was in there sleeping on the couch. What should I do about that? Last night it was such a great idea to invite ham over. Now? Now I felt it was awkward.

I sat up in my bed trying to pull myself together. Slowly and carefully I sneaked out from my bedroom and through the living room.

By the looks of it he was still sleeping. He looked so peaceful laying there with his chest bare.

He was good looking - even in his sleep. I had to give him that. How could someone be so handsome without even trying?

I found mysel looking at him for a few seconds too long. I couldn't help myself. I was so drawn to him.

"Take a picture, it'll last longer." I heard him say even though his eyes were still closed.

I could sense a smile creep upon his lips.

Shit.

Oh God.

What should I do? Who was I even kidding?

Just kill me now.

"I think there's enough pictures of you shirtless online." I heard myself say.

He frowned.

"Maybe." He said, as he opened his eyes slowly, so that he could look at me.

"But none on your phone I assume?"

I was so unprepared for this.

"None on my phone."

I didn't have that kind of pictures on my phone. However, I did send some handsome pictures of him from Google to Lucy and Nicole.

"That would be weird."

"Perhaps." He said, as he pulled himself off of the couch. I could sense him looking at me.

"Listen... I'm sorry about our misunderstanding last night."

I tried my best not to stare at him. At his body.

"It's fine, Sam. Don't worry about it." I said.

"No... it was wrong of me to assume anything."

He looked a bit embarrassed, as he said it.

I shook my head a little.

"Really, it's okay. We were both drunk."

"We were." He said, as he cleared his throat.

"But that doesn't make it okay."

I smiled a little.

"Nothing happend. Don't worry about it." I tried to reassure him.

It was awkward but a little funny.

It was harmless.

He chuckled a little before looking at me afterwards.

"Okay. Thanks."

Let's rewind a little bit. To last night.

I offered Sam a tour of the apartment.

"So if you need anything just let me know." I told him as I showed him the kitchen.