Chapter 9

~ Danielle ~

I've been looking forward to this day ever since last week when he invited me.

Sam's birthday party. He had invited me because he wanted me there and that was more than enough for me.

I had arrived to the party with a few others from the cast of Outlander. The evening was lovely and the hotel where Sam hosted his party was nice as well. A big bar, tables and a decent dance floor - and music of course.

During the night I've been drinking a little too much. I knew that, because I felt a little dizzy and lightheaded but I still felt great.

I hadn't been speaking as much with Sam as I wanted to but he had other guests to entertain as well and I was fine with that. I guess I was waiting for him to be somewhat alone since it would be easier to talk to him that way. Luckily I didn't have to wait that long for a moment alone with him cause after a few minutes I felt him approach me.

I looked at him with a smile cause it was nice to see him approach me.

"Hello there." He smiled as he stopped so that we could talk. He smiled at me.

"Hi." I smiled.

"Are you enjoying the party?" He asked me whilst looking at me.

"I am. Thank you for asking." I said politely. Ever since he slept on my couch last week we had been texting a little back and forth. It was nice being in touch with him cause he was actually quite funny.

"Maybe a little drunk already." I said guilty. He laughed.

"Well. If you get too drunk, my couch is available." He said with a little grin. I wasn't sure whether he was joking or not but I assumed that he did.

"I see what you did there. But thanks."

"No problem. I'm glad you could make it tonight." He said, as he smiled at me.

"Of course." I took a sip of my drink as well.

"How are you enjoying your party?"

"It's great. I'm happy that so many people wanted to show up." He laughed, as he stuffed a hand into his pocket. I took a quick look around the room.

"Of course. You seem like a nice guy." I said without thinking. That made him laugh again.

"I Seem like a nice guy?" He said with a soft giggle.

"You are." I corrected quickly. Oh.

Shit. Deep water.

"Why thank you." He laughed. He had a really comfortable laugh actually.

"You're nice as well."

Those wasn't quite the words I would like to hear from him. I would've wanted to hear something more. Something deeper.

"Thanks."

"Sure. No problem."

"Were you talking about your couch here at the hotel or... the one at home in Scotland?" I heard myself ask.

"Well if you get too drunk tonight it would be pretty hard to get you to Scotland, don't you think?" He teasingly asked.

It made me laugh a little. His company often made me laugh. The same did his texts.

"It wouldn't make sense to bring me to Scotland."

"Well I wouldn't mind bringing you... I would just prefer that you were sober." He said with a smile. Did he mean anything by that?