Chapter 5

~ Danielle ~

The night went by so fast. It was probably around three by now. I wasn't quite sure. It was half past two the last time I looked. I had grabbed my stuff at the wardrobe and I was on my way home.

I had approximately tree-four hundred meters so I figured it was easier to just walk the distance.

The night had been amazing. I managed to speak with Sam, drink some drinks with my friends and that summed up a pretty good night for me.

I was walking down the sidewalk when something caught my eye.

Someone standing close to the street trying to capture a taxi.

It was Sam.

I could see it right away.

He was really charismatic when he stood der. I hesitated for a few seconds before I took a step towards him.

"Trouble getting a cap?" I asked him.

He turned around by the sound of my voice.

He smiled with a little laugh.

"Yeah... I've been standing here for half an hour at least."

That made me smile a little as well. That was a long time just standing here in the cold.

"Waow. That's quite some time." I said.

"Yeah.. I'm starting to give up." He sighed, but a smile was still visible across his face.

"It's too far for you to walk there?" I asked, as I moved a little closer so I didn't have to raise my voice.

"Around 7-8 kilometers." He said.

"That sucks..." Should I offer him to sleep on my couch? The thought was very sudden but it was probably the alcohol.

"Yeah."

"But there's not much to do about it." He said as he shrug his shoulders.

I held my breath for a few seconds.

"Well... You can borrow my couch if you have given up..?" I said.

Oh God.

Why did I say that?

"That is a very generous offer." He said with a smile.

I could sense him walk a little towards me.

Oh no. Why did I suggest that? Did I even realize what I had gotten myself into?

"It's an offer at least." I said.

"Do you live close by?" He asked me with a curious tone in his voice.

He put his hands in the pockets of his jacket.

I looked down the street towards my apartment.

"Yea. A couple hundred meters from here." I said, before I looked back at him.

"Ah. If it isn't too much trouble I would gladly accept your offer." He sounded very calm about it.

"I wouldn't suggest it if it was a problem."

Oh God Dani, pull yourself together!

To my surprise he just started laughing at me.

"Got it."

"Lead the way." He said as he smiled. He was tall compared to me. I noticed that quite quickly. He was so extremely sexy, charming, elegant... Probably the best-looking redhead I had ever seen.

And then there was the accent. Uff.

I lead him towards the apartment. We made it there within only a few minutes.

"I live here with my sister but she isn't home right now." I explained as I unlocked the door.

"Ah... Why not?" I could sense that he was looking at me.

I didn't know why he asked. Maybe he was hoping for something to happen? But then again... Why would he do that?

"She's staying at our dad's place."

He nodded.

"Okay."

He followed me into the hallway so I could close the door behind us.

"Just make yourself at home." I smiled, as I looked at him. I hoped that he would make himself comfortable here. I wanted our apartment to be a nice place for people to hang out.

"Thank you. It's really nice of you to let me stay the night, Danielle." He said as he smiled at me.

"Of course. I couldn't just let you stand there."

I probably also let him stay here because I was hoping for something. I wanted something to happen.

"Nah..." He said, but the smile on his face never left.

I found myself winking as I left the hallway. I was trying to flirt a little. The question was – did it work?