Chapter 6

~ Christina ~

The following morning after eating breakfast with my dad and Anna it was time for me to leave and get back to my own apartment. I had to get some extra clothes to my meeting with Tom after the show tonight.

It was around nine in the morning when I locked myself in. The apartment was completely silent. Danielle must still be asleep.

I walked through the hallway and the kitchen and towards the living room. I was a little tired. I had used a lot of time of thinking back to the time at Nifty's, where I was dancing with Tom. I thought back to all the fun we used to have. I really looked forward to seeing him again.

As I walked through the living room in my own little bobble I suddenly realized something different. Something wasn't as it used to.

Maybe it was the pile of clothes on the floor. Maybe it was the guy sleeping on the couch. Either way I got pretty surprised, and I stopped moving immediately. Why was a stranger sleeping on my couch? That was new.

He looked like he was in a heavy sleep. He had a bare chest.

I slowly moved towards the door to Danielle's room. I opened it and stepped in. Oh God, if there was another guy in her bed I would freak out.

Luckily she was alone.

"Dani?"

At first there was no reaction. She made a groggy sound before turning her back towards me. God dammit.

"Dani!" I hissed.

I wanted to know why there was a stranger with no shirt on in our living room.

"What?" She sleepily asked.

She didn't move however.

"Why is there a half-naked guy on our couch?"

Well couldn't she explain herself here? I knew that it must be someone she knew because I sure as hell didn't.

"He couldn't get hold of a cap." She said.

"Who is he? – and where is his shirt?"

She sat up after a few seconds.

"It's Sam. The lead of the show – and I don't know why he's not wearing a shirt, Chris." She yawned.

I looked towards the living room.

"Weird."

I shook my head for a second.

"Anyhow, I don't know when I'll be back tonight."

She yawned once again.

"Why not?"

"Uhm... I'm meeting someone after the show." I said with a little shrug. I tried to make it sound like it wasn't a big deal.

"Who?" She asked. She sounded curious but usually I always either came straight back or told her whom I was going to meet up with. Blake and Sebastian was here all of the time.

"Tom." I said.

I tried to sound calm about it. Danielle was an actor – she would know who he was immediately if I said too much.

I was the only one living under a rock.

"Tom... Who?" She asked.

Dammit.

"You know Tom... The guy I was dancing with at Nifty's."

It wasn't that big of a deal anyway. Was it?

"Holland?!" She asked – eyes grew wide.

Discretely.

"Shhh!" I said. The stranger on the couch shouldn't wake up before I was long gone.

"Oh my God! Are you going on a date?"

"No, of course we're not." I said, as I shook my head.

"We're just going to meet up."

Again. Not a big deal.

"Ah. 'Cause you don't meet up on a date?" She asked teasingly.

"It's not a date. It never was a date – he just asked if I wanted to meet up since he was in town." I said.

"Sure." She didn't sound convinced.

"It's not a date." I said once again.

"Sure." She repeated.

"Anyhow, I'll head out. Sleep tight." I said as I smiled. I was in a bit of a hurry.

"Thanks – and have a good date!"

I wanted to say something but I didn't. However, I could sense her words doing something to me. Making me doubt a little... Was it a date?

☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼

Thank you guys so much for reading this story! I know it's a bit boring at the beginning but I promise it will be better! ☀︎